• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syverson
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Is it Possible?

Before I sign the contract, I just want to make sure that the following is possible in AMS.

The client wants to make sure that the safety video is viewed before any other part of the CD (training, setup pdfs, etc.) is accessable.

I assume that I could put a file in the cache folder upon the end of the safety video, then use if thens (if file present then continue, or put up a message that the safety video must be completed prior to accessing the rest of the material) on the buttons that control the rest of the material. Seems simple and doable...Am I living in a fool's paradise.

Any pitfalls you might see in this type of approach. Thanks for any input.

Cheers
    Syverson
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

If you're pulling the video down into the MediaPlayer object, you could use the On Finish event to know when your Safety Video has been completed. Once that event has fired, you can allow further access.

Originally posted by Syverson
    Before I sign the contract, I just want to make sure that the following is possible in AMS.

The client wants to make sure that the safety video is viewed before any other part of the CD (training, setup pdfs, etc.) is accessable.

I assume that I could put a file in the cache folder upon the end of the safety video, then use if thens (if file present then continue, or put up a message that the safety video must be completed prior to accessing the rest of the material) on the buttons that control the rest of the material. Seems simple and doable...Am I living in a fool's paradise.

Any pitfalls you might see in this type of approach. Thanks for any input.

Cheers
    Syverson

Comment

• yosik
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Or even better, just to make sure that they REALLY watched the video, you can add a check routine every few minutes or so with varibles and if all variables check out, then continue.

Yossi

Comment

• Adam
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • May 2000

There are many ways to accomplish this as you have seen from the posts from some of our beloved power users.

sign away!

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Comment

• Adam
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • May 2000

The legend of the golden pen is true! I thought it was a myth this entire time but Corey brings proof

Adam.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Sep 2002

Proof Schmoof. Knowing Corey he myth-da did that in Photoshop.

Originally posted by Adam
              The legend of the golden pen is true! I thought it was a myth this entire time but Corey brings proof

Adam.
              Last edited by TJ_Tigger; 06-30-2005, 03:19 PM.
              TJ-Tigger
              "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
              "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
              Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

I find that accusation highly outtasight!

Comment

• Syverson
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Dec 2003

Thanks a bunch

I appreciate all of the help, and can sign the contract....now can somebody loan me some ink.

Cheers
                  Syverson

Comment

Working...
                  X