• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protoplasm
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2004

Publish AMS Project for Download from Website

Hey y'all,
    I have an AMS 5.0 slideshow I want to publish to a website for download for those that can't recieve it as an attachment in an email. Is this possible with an AMS 5.0 project, if so is this an issue of review the training materials, or where do I look for this on the forums?

Thank you,
    Protoplasm
  • Intrigued
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

One way would be to Build (F7) the project to an executable (.exe) and then put it on your Website (with a link) for the end-user to download. I would recommend you take a look also (as other options) the FTP plugin and/or Setup Factory 7.x for some neat, other ideas!

:yes
    Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Yes Intrigued is right, the best way is to publish to a single file executable and then just link to that from your web page. People will download it and run it locally, which guarantees the performance will be the same for everyone, no matter what type of internet connection. :yes

Comment

• Protoplasm
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2004

You guys are truly masters of a soft spoken and restrained "dumb-down" :lol

As soon as I posted this thread, I realized exactly how simple it is, and how complicated I was trying to make it! I had the project published to and .exe, uploaded and linked before I could even check back on the forums here Then at dinner I thought how neat it would be to be able to delete this entire post before anyone had a chance to view it and confirm what a chowderhead I was.

Thank you for your helpful encouragement.

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Just glad to hear you got it online and everything's working.

Comment

• Derek
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2001

Originally posted by Protoplasm
            You guys are truly masters of a soft spoken and restrained "dumb-down"
            It's been said a million times - everything is easy when you know the answer. There are no dumb questions .. only dumb answers.

Welcome to the true meaning of "Help Forum"
            -
            = Derek
            ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Working...
            X