• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geoffh
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2003

flashing plugin shape

Hi everyone
    I am having fun creating a product simulation for a company project.

The simulation mirrors what the GUi of a software application product that can control and monitor broadacst video equipment.

I have added plugin rectangle shapes with a 7 point red stroke and transparent fill around specific parts of the GUI to simulate an alarm condition.

Can anyone explain how I would make the shape appear to flash on and off for the period it is visible on screen. This would simulate how the alarm really looks on the product.

Thanks v much
    Geoff
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi. This is easy to do using the Page timer to toggle hide/show actions. However the example I made here using the shape plug-in appears to have exposed a bug in AMS so I recommend using an image instead. Attached are two working examples, one with the shape plug-in (blink1) and one with an image (blink2). Hope that helps...

P.S. the code is in the page's "On Show" and "On Timer" event areas. Cheers. :yes
    Attached Files

Comment

• Worm
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2002

If you add Page.Redraw() to the timer event, blink1 works too

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Sweet. Thanks Worm, that didn't occur to me. I've updated blink1.apz to reflect that. FWIW I still recommend the image simply because I always avoid including plug-ins if possible just as a matter of personal economy. In this case it seems like an image is simpler and more customizable, but on the other hand the shape will work without any problem too, so... :yes

Comment

• Geoffh
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2003

Thanks

Thanks very much guys, much appreciated.
          Geoff

Comment

Working...
          X