Results of input displayed on another AMS page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MissSecretary
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2005

Results of input displayed on another AMS page?

Hi everyone....
    This will be my first post.
    I searched through the forums and read a great deal to make sure this question wasn't already answered somewhere, but I didn't find anything about this.

Okay, what I would like to do is to have a form on an AMS page that will collect certain data from the user... then when they click submit, it will take them to another page where they will see what they created and also it will give the HTML they'll need to place it somewhere.
    The whole purpose of this is that I am trying to create a program where a user can fill in their particular information and it will spit out the HTML code for an auction listing and/or a custom About Me page and they can take the html and create their listing on eBay or update their About Me page.

Here's the thing, I know how to do it as long as I am using a form that is submitting and connecting to my website, but I'd like to do it so I can place it on a CD, distribute it and the person can use it on their home computer without having to connect to the internet or to my website.

I have an example here of what I want to accomplish, but in this example I used ASP and an Access database on my website, which I only used here so you can see what I'm trying to do. I don't care what or how this process is accomplished, (i.e. I don't HAVE to use ASP or Access or whatever)

Example of what I need to do

I also have a million ideas for other things I can do with this if there is a way to make it work.

Thank you for your time in reading all of this message and if anyone has an idea, I certainly appreciate it.

Natalie
  • MissSecretary
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2005

More explanation

Me again...

I wanted to add that the program doesn not need to create the html itself.
    I need to collect info in form fields and then when the user submits it, the data is added somewhere and then the user goes to another AMS page and their data that was submitted is placed inside of another text file that already has html code in it that I made, along with their additions in the appropriate places that I pre-determine.

Man, this is starting to sound more complicated. Maybe I should just MAKE them connect to the internet and do this through AMS browser page.
    For this project, that does make sense because they'll need to be connected to the internet anyway to add their listing to eBay or create their About Me page...however, there are some other things I had ideas about where this could come in handy if it can be done without a server.

Natalie

Comment

• Dermot
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2004

Hi Natalie

The easiest way to do what you want is to set variables for all the pieces of information you want to collect. Basicly you would have on variable for each input you want the users to fill in. Then when they click Submit it assigns the contents of each input to the corresponding variable. You can construct the html using the variables.

I have attached a very small example which should help to get you started.

Dermot
      Last edited by Dermot; 11-14-2009, 09:35 PM.
      Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• cidicon
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2005

Thank you so so much!

That is exactly it and works perfectly.
        Thank you so very much.

Natalie

Hmmm... I just noticed this reply posted under a different user name. I must of registered before and didn't know.
        But I know username Cidicon is mine because that's the name of my company =)

Comment

• cidicon
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2005

I spoke too soon

I was unable to use html in the display results box...
          however, I still thank you very much because this did give me a big start and a direction in which to go.

Thanks again
          Natalie

Comment

• Dermot
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by cidicon
            I was unable to use html in the display results box...
            Not sure what you mean but you can have html code in results box. See the new example attached.

Updated the example so that it displays the html code and also displays it in a web object so you can see how it will look in a browser.

Dermot
            Last edited by Dermot; 11-14-2009, 09:35 PM.
            Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• cidicon
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2005

That's it

That was just what I meant, thank you so much again.
              I really appreciate you taking the time out to send it.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
              X