• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenryAdams
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

AMS3 to AMS4 Conversion Problem

When converting my AMS3 to version 4, the menus convert properly but none of the documents or audios bytes that are set to fire on mouse click work. My files are stored in C:\Optcd with a significant number of subdirectories underneath. Such as C:\Optcd\wave and C:\Optcd\graphics. I notice that none of these folders or files are added to either the resources or distribution folders in the AMS4 conversion.
    What do I need to do to get my AMS3 files to convert properly? --HP
  • HenryAdams
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Re: AMS3 to AMS4 Conversion Problem

Can anyone out there help me with this problem? I don't want to recreate all the links for a 20 page menu system. --HP

Comment

• Adam
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • May 2000

Are you sure that you have selected the "Import files to Resources folder" option in the project converter?

Note that a Play Wav file action (in Version 3) is converted to the Audio tab in Version 4.

Comment

• HenryAdams
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

Hi Adam: I wasn't sure the first time if I had clicked on the 'import files to resource folder' (I thought I had) so I did it again. Program crashed--'Access violation at address 773F4681 in Module Shell 32.dll, Read of address 87371366' I tried it again, crash--' in Module NTDLL.dll at write address 000000038. I am running Windows XP.
        BTW: Restarted again, did the conversion, (sad face) did not work. All I got was the menus. As I mentioned in the other posts I have my files in a number of subdirectories (which I want to keep). However, could this be the problem? I tried copying the files directly to the Resources folder and this didn't help. AMS said it couldn't find the files. --HP

Comment

• Lorne
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Feb 2001

Check the references to those files on the Properties dialogs for the objects that use them. Are they external references?

If so, you'll need to move those files to where the paths say they should be...or, preferably, move them into the distribution folder, in subfolders just like you want them to be distributed...and then adjust the references accordingly.
          --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• HenryAdams
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2002

In the properties dialog I have:

%SrcDvr%\mysubfoldername\filename.doc and the external reference box has a check mark in it and it is grayed out.

I know that I can adjust all of the references; but this will take a couple of days work FOR EACH PROJECT.

I have attached a copy of one of my projects so that you can have a look at it. It is in AMS3 format.

Comment

• Lorne
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Feb 2001

Try changing %SrcDrv% to %SrcDir%.

If you need to make lots of changes, it's actually a piece of cake by searching and replacing in the .am4 file with a text editor.

(I don't see any attachment...?)

Comment

• HenryAdams
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jun 2002

I had an attachment, but it seemed to disappear when I sent the post. I'll try it again.
                Could you give me a quick guide on where to find and how to use the text editor?
                Thanx for your help --HP

11212-NCB2002 800x600.am3

Comment

• Lorne
                  Indigo Rose Staff Member
                  • Feb 2001

www.ultraedit.com

Or, for that matter, Notepad would probably do the trick.

Note that IndigoRose will not support project files that have been edited outside of the design environment (as explained in the online help for 4.0).

But it isn't that difficult:

<ol type="1">[*]Backup the .am4 file! If you mess this up, you'll have to start from scratch.[*]Load the .am4 file into a text editor.[*]Search for the old path, replace all occurrences of it with the new one.[*]Save the .am4 file.[/list=a]

The secret: all project settings are stored as text in XML format.

Okay, it's not a secret, but anyway that's why it works. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

In any case, you should try changing one of the paths the normal way first, and see if it works.

Comment

• Lorne
                    Indigo Rose Staff Member
                    • Feb 2001

BTW - this will only work on version 4.0 project files. So you'd have to convert the project file first.

Comment

• HenryAdams
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Jun 2002

Thanks Lorne, the changes work great! You guys are the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X