• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StandardMan
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Tutorial Videos...

I spoke with Scott from ClickNLearn... he replied via E-mail that the Tutorial Videos for AMS 4.0 should be out in about six weeks. I look forward to such and just wanted to let others (if there are any out there) know such.

Finished the manual (printed it out, easier to read than off screen, for me). Over all the manual for AMS 4.0 is pretty good. I just am looking for more indepth examples (custom variable creation (more examples).

I will agree with a comment that has been posted here before... "this" company does go out of its way to get a users problem solved. I just wished more companies put the customer first, instead of treating them (us) like this, "Oh man, here comes another one... will they ever leave!"

8-)

• RobertB
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2000

Re: Tutorial Videos...

I agree.....the crew at IR and the active folks in the BB are so fly. Corel.....could learn quite a bit from their Canadian brothers....

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

I must admit, it's nice working for someone sane for a change.

But seriously you guys, there's a fundamental difference between us and virtually every other established software player out there, except a few. That difference is that we are a private company. You will never receive this type of support from any publicly held corporation as long as you live, it simply doesn't make good "business sense" unless you don't care about money.

Public corporations care about money, that's all they do, and they do it well. That's why they are physically incapable of caring about humans.

Some, lke Macromedia, have made a pretty good attempt to simulate what we are doing here, but ultimately they can never offer this level of support because it would reduce profits and their board is simply not going to let that happen in our lifetimes, it's their job not to.

Corel especially is in one heck of a position and will certainly never, ever, as long as they exist, be able to match our support level. Their directors and investors would simply never approve the expenditures.

The odds of Corel matching our support level are literally zero. That being said, there are tons of great individuals within these corporations but they are all restricted form providing any meaningful interaction to their clients by company policy. Policy which is designed to normalize things and maximize profits.

Here at indigo Rose we can phone our CEO anytime we want and propose new cool things and get instant approval. That would never happen at Corel or at any publicly held corporation in a million years. Often we have a creative idea on Monday and have it fully implemented by Tuesday. Again, that would never happen at Corel or at any publicly held corporation in a million years.

Anyways, hope that gives you some insight into the machine behind the code.

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Lorne
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Feb 2001

Over all the manual for AMS 4.0 is pretty good. I just am looking for more indepth examples
        More examples are on the way. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] There are already 11 detailed examples in there for the next patch...and there will be plenty more coming after that.
        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• CD_MANIAC
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2002

Can someone please send what Corey said to William Gates? Maybe we can start to revolutionize how things should be done. Finally, someone at to stand beside!!
          Perhaps Presidency? LOL!!!

Comment

• RobertB
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Nov 2000

Well, I think Corey's point is by proxy I am lucky to have the connection with IR because I use their software. My job probably is really to not tell Willy Billy but to tell all my friends so they get turned on to this unique experience. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• StandardMan
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2002

Super!

And yes the level of service is top-notch!

Again, how do I get a position with this company? ;-)

Looking forward to the tutorials.

(I too have used Camtasia... for about three years now)

Oh, and to save some time, I use "Macros Express 3" < http://www.macros.com/ > Tip: Great for putting in "snippets" of code (ie. pieces used over and over) and for so much more! (Disclaimer: I have no affliations with either company)

Comment

Working...
              X