• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KGL
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

Q for CD Manic

you mentioned CDEverywhere -so with that would I be able to make a project on AMS4 and then run it through CDEverywhere so I could use it crossplatform? Thanks - Kristine
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Q for CD Manic

CDEverywhere creates cross platform "CD images", it doesn't translate code. Currently AutoPlay Media Studio creates executable files which can only be run on Windows based computers.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• CD_MANIAC
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2002

Re: Q for CD Manic

If you create a project with AutoPlay Media Studio and distribute these "CD's", bieng an ordinary Windows user, a user that has a MAC or UNIX(Linux) system will be very unlikely that the CD's will work. With CDEverywhere it "codes" all files(including AutoPlay projects) to be visible and usable by any platform ranging from DOS, Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP - Machintosh - UNIX - Linux.
      For example, we create training CD's with AutoPlay menu's for a client using either training guide documents, Windows Media Player or QuickTime(customer preference) under Windows environment. Some of the clients request that the CD's be also viewable under Machintosh, this is where CDEverywhere comes in, instead of having to buy additional softwares, creating projects all over again with different software, using exess applications for just Machintosh trainees and having to duplicate distributions for different user preferences. With CDEverywhere, it doesn't hurt any user's preference as far as operating system goes since the CD's can be used with all of them. I highly recommend of you want to have your distributions for every user. Think of it this way, with AutoPlay Media Studio your distributions will only attack Windows users, but with CDEverywhere, you'll be able to attack MAC and UNIX(Linux) as well, raising chances of more selling. And to be truthful, it brought us more business that before having CDEverywhere with cross-platforming feature.
      Hope this helps, again it's not advertising but exellent in conjuntion with AutoPlay, been using both for 2yrs now! BTW, name CD Maniac is not coincidence, [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] !

Comment

Working...
      X