• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mingwingming
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2005

Combo Box Help - Please

I`m having a problem with the combobox (A user problem!!)

I have a drop down box - Now when looking at the Combo Box at first view I want it to Say in the Box [ Choose Vehicle..] then when you click the box it shows the 2 pages (choices) that the client would go to, now when I first run my Project it shows everything as I wish but should I jump between the pages the Initial (Choose Vehicle) prompt dissapears once I return to any of the pages that I have already visited, so How do I keep that text at the top of my ComboBox. (seems simple but not for me!!)

Below is how I have it setup at present.

If I click the Combo Box and then go to "Properties Window", in the "Items list" I have added the [ Choose Vehicle..] text that I would like shown at the top of the ComboBox, on the script side of things I have it setup as follows

ON SELECT
    nIndex = ComboBox.GetSelected("wiring diagrams - info");
    iText = ComboBox.GetItemText("wiring diagrams - info", nIndex);
    Page.Jump(iText);

ON FOCUS
    -- delete all items in the combobox
    ComboBox.ResetContent("wiring diagrams - info");

-- populate combobox with suitable items
    ComboBox.AddItem("wiring diagrams - info", "Wiring Diagrams - Auxiliary");
    ComboBox.AddItem("wiring diagrams - info", "Wiring Diagrams - Hydrostatic - Unidrive");

I hope that makes some sense. Any assistance would be welcomed.

Thankyou
  • rhosk
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

I think what you're looking for is -

"ComboBox.SetSelected(yourpluginname, "Choose Vehicle...");

Just put it on the page's 'On Show' event.
    Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• Darryl
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jul 2001

Hi mingwingming,

If your goal is to reinitialize the combo box each time the page is visited, try configuring the initial settings on the On Show event of the page (Page > Properties, On Show tab). Every time that page is shown, it will run those actions to configure the combo box as you wish.

I believe that will accomplish your goal.

Hope that helps.

Darryl

Comment

• mingwingming
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2005

Thanks guys for your replys unfortunately this noob is not getting far.

If I add

ComboBox.SetSelected("Wiring Diagrams - Info", "Choose Vehicle...");

to the "On Show" page (the same pages as the combo box), i`m still presented with the same scenario.

Where initially the Combo Box will show the "Choose Vehicle" text on view and if you click the combo box it then shows the 2 pages I would like the box to jump to, but as soon as I click the combo box the "Choose Vehicle" text dissapears or if I jump to one of those 2 pages and then return the "Choose Vehicle" text has gone.. Am I going MAD!! the other pages I am jumping to use basically the same combo box to jump back and forth.

(Hope your getting the idea)

Do you have any other ideas or example, or any more info I could provide you with to help you help me...

Comment

• rhosk
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Aug 2003

Very simple example attached. You should be able to expand from here. I sorta gave you wrong info in my initial response. When you 'SetSelected" you need to choose the index number of the box (sorry) and not a string set -I was thinking 'SetText'......

Anyway, see if this helps you out.
          Attached Files
          Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• mingwingming
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2005

Superb thanks for the example really apreciate it, not had a chance to check it out yet, will look more into it Monday, if I get any grief I`m sure i`ll be back !! Anyhow I do have faith, for now I just need to get home , sit in the back garden and have a couple of bottles of becks !!

Thanks Again

Comment

• mingwingming
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2005

Awesome, so simple when you see these examples..
              Are their any other places that show obvious examples for noobs like me.. I been collecting a few that I have found via this site , but the more places I can grab eaxmples the better..

Thankyou Very Much..

Actually another test for you experts how do I open a pdf from a combo box ? Up till now i been using listbox but in certain situations the combo box would be far neater. Sorry if i`m pushing my luck on examples !!
              Last edited by mingwingming; 06-29-2005, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X