• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CatinThebag
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

video detect at startup

First off. Ty all for posting such wonderful replies to everyone's questions. This program has been a lifesaver and the developer's assistance is unmatched.

MY NOT SO UNIQUE PROBLEM: I have 2 projects of duplicate contents. One is 800X600, the other is 1024X768

I aim to include them both into my CD under \\%cdroot%\800 and \\%cdroot%\1024 and have the program auto detect the endusers video settings and launch the appropriate sized app.

From what I gather,
    1) I create an empty am5 project, the large project and an exact copy under small settings
    2)enter somewhere for it to autodetect the video settings in the empty am5 project
    3)it will then launch the right app and close itself down

I have read the threads on this but I still can't seem to see what the advice is pointing to.

Can anyone give me an exaple of this empty am5 file that I can edit please.

Thank you
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

Hello,

The attached example will test your screen resolution and put the result onscreen.

Publish your 2 projects to separate exe's and then put those in the docs folder of your loader app and after testing the screen resolution just run the appropriate one. Using code something like -

Code:
    if width<1024 then 
    result = File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\800Res.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false);
    else
    result = File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\1024Res.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false);
    end
    Application.Exit()
    Instead of the code that sets the label text in my example.

Hope that makes sense
    Last edited by longedge; 06-01-2005, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• CatinThebag
      Forum Member
      • May 2005

Thank you thank you thank you. Worked first time.

Again, Thank you.

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

You're welcome - glad it worked OK for you.

Comment

Working...
        X