View Full Version : Media Player Object transparency

09-01-2002, 04:13 PM
There were some comments about V4 having the ability to set transparency and animation properties for the Media Player object. Were those attributes implemented in the new version?

09-01-2002, 04:20 PM
Nope. Animation? You mean like an animated move of a Media Player object inside a page? You can't even do that with a still graphic, although several have suggested that be added as a new feature for the software.

09-01-2002, 05:22 PM

it is the TransparentatStart and AnimationatStart options of the Windows Media player that we would like to invoke. Their syntax within a .asx file looks like this -

<PARAM NAME="AnimationAtStart" VALUE="False">

A lot of the other asx options are easily set with check boxes within V4. Any ideas?

09-01-2002, 05:25 PM
That's a good question for Brett or Adam, I'll notfy a moderator.

09-03-2002, 08:47 AM
I don't know about TransparentAtStart, but Mark investigated the AnimationAtStart option, and it doesn't get rid of the logo at the beginning...just prevents it from being animated. Which made it kind of a useless option, we thought. (The goal was to prevent the WMP logo from appearing during stream loads.)

09-03-2002, 10:06 AM
So, it isn't implemented, then...

I didn't catch that the AnimationAtStart option was diabled - we had a discussion awhile back about getting rid of the MS logo in streaming sources. Oh well.... I guess it's a minor issue in the big scheme of things.

What does the TransparentAtStart function do? Anyone?

09-03-2002, 03:38 PM
you could try floating a black 1*1 pixel stetched ontop of the media_name if its streaming.. during the start of the stream.. so that after it starts playing.. the movie will then goto play and u have the pixel become non-visible.. [or you swap with a transparent pixel, etc..

not sure if this is overly possible under the current settings.. but using layers and img-swapping.. it might work /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif