• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StarCStar
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2002

Inserting GIF's

I realize this may be a duh! question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Is there ANY way to include a GIF in an AMS4 project? I have many GIF's I'd like to use but I keep having to stop and convert them to JPG or BMP and I want the flexibility that GIF's give me. Or is this a problem that will have to be addressed in a future release?
  • eric_darling
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Re: Inserting GIF's

Sure, if you put them in a web browser object. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] AMS does not support GIF format due to licensing issues.
    Eric Darling
    eThree Media
    http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• StarCStar
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2002

Thanks

Thanks, Eric. At least now the mystery is solved. I will attempt to insert a GIF as a web browser object although I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish it. Is it inserted just like an object would be in HTML on a web page? Or is it done differently?

I also have a secondary question while I'm on the subject of figuring out how to add things I've never added before. I can point people to a URL all day but how to I invoke "mailto?" I want to be able to click on an email address and open the user's email software. I am assuming that this is yet another duh! issue but for me, it is not.

Thanks again,

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

Re: Thanks

Providing a mailto: link is the same as launching an URL through an external browser:
        File.Open (open, "mailto:[email protected]")
        Whereas the mailto: address command would be substituted with an http:// address.

As far as inserting a GIF in a web browser object, yes, the web browser object fully supports HTML - it's essentially the IE browser, so just make sure all the files that are called by your HTML file are available in the Distribution folder.
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• wwwScottRohcom
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Aug 2002

Personally, not to step on anyones toes, but I would just convert the images to a looping or non looping flash image. Thank you ams4.0!

Scott

Comment

• Lorne
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Feb 2001

I will attempt to insert a GIF as a web browser object although I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish it. Is it inserted just like an object would be in HTML on a web page? Or is it done differently?
            You can actually do it two ways:

<ol type="1">[*]Use an HTML file that displays the GIFs with IMG tags, and load the HTML file into the Web Browser Object.[*]Just load the GIF into the file into the Web Browser Object on its own. (The Internet Explorer control can display GIFs, compressed TIFFs, and all sorts of other images just fine.)[/list=a]

You can do either of these dynamically at run time by using the "Web Browser Object - Navigate To" action.
            --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
            X