• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alexsander_sc_br
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2004

How to decode files to memory?

Hi!

I have a simple question. I think it can´t be done, but I will ask. I have a lot of SWF files encoded inside the CD using the Base64.

I want to play one of these files in a Flash object. The way I am using is decoding the files to the HD and play.

I would like to play the files without without decode them. This is not possible I think. So, I would like to decode the files just into memory and play them point to the file.

Is it possible. It should work like this: A funcion will receive the file to decode as argument and will decode it into memory and return an object.

This object points to the file into memory. The Flash plugin will receive will receive the object and play the file.

Is it possible?

Thanks!
  • Lorne
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Feb 2001

Unless you can create a RAM disk on the user's system, I don't think you'll be able to do that with the crypto plugin, sorry.

Why are you base64 encoding the files if they're on a CD? Why not just store them as files on the CD in the first place?

Base64 encoding is normally used to store binary data inside a text file, like in an email or usenet post.

Note that base64 isn't in any way a secure format; if you're trying to protect the files, you would be better off blowfish encrypting them.
    Last edited by Lorne; 05-25-2005, 09:21 AM.
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
    X