• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javawookie
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

AVI videos in new version

I've used the old version of Auto Play Menu studio, and knew the maximum number of avi objects you could use in one project was 18, my company produces training videos,
    and we would probably need to add around 50 - 100 videos to one project.

Is this possible or will I experience the old white screen after running the 18th video.
  • Michael
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2000

Re: AVI videos in new version

I too am interested in this question. Since this has been discussed before, I've listed a search result below on the topic with 3.0.

Memory leak, etc. Some reached 23 videos. I look forward to a solution....

Comment

• cartire
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

While on subject of AVI's in new version...Can a person STILL run an AVI movie as their splash screen prior to main application? I use swish for my flying font montage, export to avi, then edit/add audio next run through Premiere with standard codecs installed in clients PCs. Version 3 was very nice to me. After importing my much loved Demo into version 4, I noticed that my startup AVI was not wanted in the new version.
      From What I can see, it only takes still images?
      I finally found a work around for my older project by including the old Startupv.exe file and older autorun.inf. Then I noticed that I had to add the Menu1.dav from the previous version's data file. All my projects need to have high level of compatibility. Anyways, if you have a few minutes and have a T1, here is a link to my zipped project with most of the files to get an idea of what i am trying to do:

After download, please click on the Startupv.exe
      TIA
      Carter

Comment

• wwwScottRohcom
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2002

I noticed this too. I HAD been able to use a professionally edited video as my spash screen. I am a REALTOR by trade, and the video was a cute 30 seconds of what a person with real estate needs goes thru at a dinner party when everyone seems to have advice. It was a great intro to my own services. I have now resorted to framing the video on the "main" first page. Dowloading your project now, but I think I know what you mean.
        Scott

Comment

• Lorne
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Feb 2001

You could use another AutoPlay application just for the intro video, turning off the title bar, making the page size just large enough to hold your AVI Object. Then chain the two menus...with the "intro video" menu calling the "main" menu before it closes.
          --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• HenryAdams
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2002

Hi Lorne: What exactly do you mean by chaining the two applications together? I want to continue to use the intro AVI that I designed for my AMS3. I added a new start page and put my intro there, but I couldn't get the full page view that I had in AMS3. thanks for your help --HP

Comment

• Lorne
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Feb 2001

Use two menus. One just for the intro video, with an AVI object...set the page size for this menu to the same size as your AVI Object (or whatever), and set it up to have no title bar.

On the AVI Object's "On Video Finish" event, you put a "File - Execute" action to start the 2nd menu, the "main" one with all your other stuff in it. Then, use an "Application - Exit" action to exit from the "intro" menu.

Comment

• HenryAdams
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jun 2002

I got it! Thanks --HP

Comment

• cartire
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jun 2002

Hi there, before I try your method, does the option still exist to make the avi start out with a any background color such as the default black from Ver 3? plus volume and speed controls and allow click to stop?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Lorne
                    Indigo Rose Staff Member
                    • Feb 2001

Using the method I described above, you have full control over all those things.

It involves a few more steps than the v3.0 method, but you can customize the intro "video" in any way you want; heck, you could even use a flash animation or use a transparency mask to make your intro video window round.

Comment

Working...
                    X