• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yss
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2004

Mysql, PHP results display in AMS?

Hi people,

I have a small Mysql db on the net with some php scripts.
    Everything is working fine (i.e. I can have a user authentication for my AMS app)

But I need some help about displaying query results in AMS:

For example: The query returns 10 results that are displayed in AMS (suggestions?) the user should be able to click one of the results and will be taken to another page where they will see the full single result. like a small FAQ app.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated...

Thanks
    Joe

p.s I would prefer not to use the web object
  • yss
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2004

Well... no answer

While trying to integrate AMS with PHP and Mysql I found (regretfully) some limitations.

I was\am trying to develope a FAQ engine that will be based on AMS retrieving query information from a Mysql db on the net.

Some comments \ suggestions for plugin or future releases:

1) HTTP.Submit returns only about 800 characters (about 120 words). is this built in? or it can be changed somehow? Also for some reason, there is a gap of about 5-6 lines when posting the result from HTTP.Submit to a Paragraph object. Posting to an input object does not allow to scroll.

2) it would be great if HTTP.Submit could return an array, but I presume this is impossible becaus the PHP engin would have to run in AMS. so this is probably out of the question...

3) if anybody could develope a database connection plugin for Mysql or MSsql, it will greatly extend the functionality of AMS

If anybody has question about AMS with PHP\Mysql post them here, I will try my best to answer.

Good luck
    Joe

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Hi.

1) You can use HTTP.Download to download a text file which you've created remotely with PHP from your MySQL data.

2) if you use your PHP in step 1 to format the text file you write as an AMS array, you can just use a TEXT FILE action to read it to a table. This is real easy to do.

3) If you use a PHP script then your password never leaves your server. That being said, I don't know if there's plans for anything like this in the works right now.

Hope that helps. I'm in the middle of recording a PHP/MySQL learning CD set for Speedy Training.com so pretty soon we'll have a bunch of affordable PHP based video training CDs online. :yes

Comment

• Intrigued
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2003

soon we'll have a bunch of affordable PHP based video training CDs online.
        Right on!

:yes
        Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

There will be three because it seems like people prefer that format, i.e. a discount on a complete three CD set than a single CD. Which suits me fine, we make less per unit but it gives me room to cover the topic properly, one CD isn't enough to explain the fundamental goodies of PHP. Besides, like Roger Daltrey said, "Give The People What They Want". Anyhow they will be:

1. PHP/MySQL Basics
          2. Using PHP/MySQL with AutoPlay Media Studio
          3. Building Dynamic Web Sites with PHP/MySQL

Each has about ten chapters for a total of just over 50 lessons each. They'll take you from zero to 60 and will cover the things I think are important for power production, not a bunch of obscure minutea like some PHP books do. They're going to be a couple weeks though because I've decided to start over once I get my RNC compressor this week, fedex tracking says it'll be here on the 25th. I really want the audio on this one to be fully professional. You can hear on the exsting ones that as each CD went along the audio got better and better, I want to make sure these are the best yet. So I'm using a large diaphragm condenser studio mic this time instead of a headset mic and I'm running it through the RNC as well as a tube pre-amp, then directly into my screen capture software. This will be slick. If only I had this room tuned with a soundproofing kit it would be almost perfect, but the best I can do for now is to move a bunch of clutter in here and go for it. Actually it's amazing how much just having the video lights in here (turned off) with the umbrellas open does for the diffusion. I'm going to put two suede loveseats in here before I record, that should get the bass down a bit also.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2002

You could also try using LuaCOM to return the data you require. LuaCOM can be gotten from www.icynorth.com.

Code:
            HTTPReq = luacom.CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") 
            if not HTTPReq then 
            return 
            end 

HTTPReq:Open("GET", "http:yoursite.com/script.php", 0) 

HTTPReq:Send(); 
            if HTTPReq.Status ~= 200 then 
            return 
            end
            Tigg
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• yss
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2004

Sound promising...

Thanks Tigger, and warm regards to all the forest gang

Can you suggest some sources to learn more about Luacom capabilities?
              I searched the web but found very few sources that are suitable to beginner LUA programmers.

Maybe something that would explain the syntax of all the “luacom.CreateObject” like it is explained in AMS?

Thanks for the reply
              Joe

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Sep 2002

For most of the stuff I have read it involves searching the web and Microsofts site for clues on how to do what I want. Icynorth has a forum for LuaCOM with examples.

HTH Tigg.
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• yss
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2004

Microsoft resource about HTTPRequest

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                  X