• May 2005

changes the executable icon

how to changes the executable file icon.thanks

----------------------------------------------

ami ^-^ :lol
  • Intrigued
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

There is no official support for this as of yet in AMS.

However, unofficially (but ok'ed with some restrictions) there is a work around that some have said works very good (I have not tried such):

Intrigued

Comment

• ami
      Forum Member
      • May 2005

thanks for your answer :lol :yes

Comment

• hammerstein
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2005

Changing icon

If you are talking about changing the exe icon for your app, you can use the simplified Microangelo, though more effectively, because that there are 8-bit, and 32-bit icons involved, e.g. 16 x 16-256 colors, 16 x 16-true color, 32 x 32-256 colors, and 32 x32-true color, "Executable File Icons Changer" is a much better choice. What most people overlook when attempting to change a prog icon, is that the icon is often represented in bytes relevant to the corresponding executable. Should the replacing icon be of different size (byte wise), it may cause the executable to become unusable. Therefore, a 16 x 16-true color icon must be swapped with equal type/size of icon, etc. Similarly, the swapping icon must be compatible with PE format, else most such progs will not even permit the swap. Trying to use a 8-bit (e.g. 32 x 32, 256 colors) icon to replace a 32-bit (e.g. 32 x 32, true colors) icon will work in some cases, but not all. Foremost the replacement icon must be considered of correct PE format (i.e. icon related to an .exe file), else, no such luck. I hope this little bit of help is beneficial.

Comment

Working...
        X