• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rog Cod
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

SFA to APZ ? ?

Is there a way to have a “ .sfa “ script converted to a “ .apz “ ?
    Seems there are some .sfa script files placed in the fourm as examples for
    Autoplay Media Studio however are made for Setup Factory ?

I know that the script will not work in Autoplay Media Stusio however I would like to
    see the code because some of the code can be used in Media Sutdio.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi. This is a tricky question, and you should wait until one of the programmers offers a definitive answer but I'll just point out that the scripting system is essentially "the same" in AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0, Setup Factory 7.0, TrueUpdate 2.0, and Visual Patch 2.0. There are however some things which are different in SUF 70 than AMS 50. So you can definitely use most of the scripting from one in the other, but not neccesarily 100% of it. Let me give you a quick example:

1. If you add "Application.Exit();" to a script in either application, it will work the same. This is a good example of an action which is essentially identical between both applications.

2. If you add "SessionVar.Remove("%MySessionVar%");" to a script, it will work fine in Setup factory but not AMS. This is an example of an action which is not the same across both applications, and only works in SUF70.

Anyhow, hope that clears it up a little...

Comment

• csd214
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2001

It's nice to be able to write generic scripts usable in all the IR products. As Corey says there are some differences, but that's easy to overcome:

Code:
      if _IR_ProductID == "SUF70" then
      	-- write to setup log file

else
      	-- "AMS50S" or "AMS50P" or "TU20" ...
      	-- print to debug window

end
      To convert a .sfa script to a .apz isn't possible if you by ".sfa" mean a SUF60 "Exported action file". It can't be used in SUF70 either (as far as I know).

Comment

• Rog Cod
        Forum Member
        • May 2005

I see now. I have AMS 5 and I am new to using it also I do not have not ever used Setup Factory. I saw some examples for SFU 7 in the forum and I am sure that the examples are in the AMS 5 area. This was confusing to me. I know that AMS 5 exports a script as a ".lua" and I did not know that before.
        SF7 exports scripts as a " .sfa ".

AMS5 saves a project as a ".APZ " and I do not know what SF7 saves a project file as. "Humm.. ?".

So if I find the examples that have been posted in the AMS5 forum and ask that the examples be posted for AMS5 , well is that passable ?

Comment

Working...
        X