• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tranquilraven
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

Paragraph Text - format selective text?

Is it possible to selectively format text within a paragraph text box? I have text in the box and I would like to bold just parts of the text.

Didn't know if this was possible.

Thanks.

John
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

John.
    No, it is not (yet) possible.You would have to use a webobject and a html file to show multi-formatted text.

Yossi

Comment

• bule
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2005

it would be nice for paragraph to offer support for BBcode...
      Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• tranquilraven
        Forum Member
        • May 2005

Web Object

So, basically, I am creating an HTML page the size I wish the web object to be and then pointing the url to the web object. Simple enough. But, now I have to create an app to see if they have internet access and if they are connected, if not I will have to create an "error" to alert them that they need to be online.

Is the above correct Yosik? Or, does Autoplay allow you to create and import HTML files into the app and distribute and run HTML files from within Autoplay? (I am thinking like offline page viewing).

Thanks.

John

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tranquilraven
          ...now I have to create an app to see if they have internet access and if they are connected, if not I will have to create an "error" to alert them that they need to be online.
          John
          Here is a snippet from my original training CD (about a year ago) that checks for an Internet connection, if such is available then the Web URL typed in is loaded, otherwise a .html page comes up stating that the user needs to connect to the Internet first before using this feature (the built-in browser):

Code:
          checkconnection = HTTP.TestConnection("http://www.awebsite.com", 15, 80, nil, nil);

if (checkconnection) then
              -- Do your actions here, like load a Web page
          else
              -- Show a message that they need to connect to the 'Net
          end
          Intrigued

Comment

• Worm
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jul 2002

No need to worry about I'net connectivity if you displaying a local file, which you would be since you're building it on the fly. Simply point the web object to file://whatever.htm

Comment

• tranquilraven
              Forum Member
              • May 2005

Thank You

Thank you all for your assistance. As always, it is much appreciated.

- John

Comment

• yosik
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jun 2002

You beat me to it, worm...
                Now, John, I would check Worm's setMask.dll. It is a plugin which allows you to show objects in various shapes.
                For your webobject, it could help you present it WITHOUT the border (if that disturbs you).

In addition, let's say that you want to show various html pages, you would just load the relevant html file into your webobject.
                Good luck

Yossi

Comment

• Intrigued
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tranquilraven
                  Thank you all for your assistance. As always, it is much appreciated.

- John
                  You're welcome!

:yes
                  Intrigued

Comment

• tranquilraven
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2005

I will definately be saving my pennies for that one. That border does detract from the overall design, especially when you come from pages with paragraph text, it takes from the clean appearance.

- John

Originally posted by yosik
                    check Worm's setMask.dll. It is a plugin which allows you to show objects in various shapes.
                    For your webobject, it could help you present it WITHOUT the border (if that disturbs you).

Comment

• Intrigued
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Dec 2003

Worm's SetMask DLL works really good! But then it was Worm, I did not hardly question the offering... I just bought it!

Just be careful about sharing SetMask DLL samples, examples in a project file from AMS... as it will have your information that you got when you purchased such. (serial number and name).

:yes
                      Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

But then it was Worm, I did not hardly question the offering... I just bought it!
                        There's just some guys who you *know* you can trust for sure. :yes

Comment

• yosik
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Intrigued
                          Just be careful about sharing SetMask DLL samples, examples in a project file from AMS... as it will have your information that you got when you purchased such. (serial number and name).
                          Hey! That's a problem! I did not thnk about that part.

Worm, any idea about how to circumvent that issue?

Yossi

Comment

• Worm
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Jul 2002

I have some ideas on how to make this go away, but time isn't on my side at the moment. For now, maybe use variables that contain your dev name and serial. At least that way you need only delete a couple lines rather than search for every call to SetMask.

Sorry I don't have more to offer at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                            X