• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syverson
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Batch e-mail feasability

Just a quick question to see if this is possible before I start hammering away.
    Can I use AutoPlay to search a tab delimited file to sort out a number of people based on some critiria (such as city), bring in their e-mail addresses, and then send a batch e-mail to that group.

I'm thinking of AutoPlay, because the list is so fluid, the Group mail function of Outlook doesn't really work.

I think this is within the capabilites of AutoPlay....any comments to get me started.

Thanks

Cheers
    Syverson
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Syverson
    Just a quick question to see if this is possible before I start hammering away.
    Can I use AutoPlay to search a tab delimited file to sort out a number of people based on some critiria (such as city), bring in their e-mail addresses, and then send a batch e-mail to that group.

I'm thinking of AutoPlay, because the list is so fluid, the Group mail function of Outlook doesn't really work.

I think this is within the capabilites of AutoPlay....any comments to get me started.

Thanks

Cheers
    Syverson
    Short answer would be yes it can be done. I would say that if you were to use a sqlite database you could then search for all records in a city and then cycle through the list and send an e-mail to all in the list.
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
    X