forcing windows to open .swf with flashplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forcing windows to open .swf with flashplayer

I'm creating an application that launches swf files independent of the application itself. On my computer, it works fine. On others I've tested it on, the computer tries to open the .swf with whatever the default application is for it, and in some cases, it's not flash player! Is there a way to code in autoplay to change the default application for .swf files on the system? I'd really rather not make each an executable, as space is an issue. Thanks

EDIT: I should add that I don't want the swf displayed in a browser window!
    Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2005, 01:30 PM.
  • bule
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2005

wel, you could put SAFlashPlayer.exe on your CD and call it from your menu with a flash file as an argument...
    Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Yep bule is right, there is a license form at the Macromedia site where you can get free permission to re-distribute the flash player, and you can then just include it on your CD-ROM. You could also use Flash projector files for some scenarios. :yes

Comment

Thanks, both of you.

I ended up using projectors, but even as a shell, it takes up at least 1+mb, which isn't a lot, but I needed 17 of them and was running out of room on my CD! As I have to get this course out today, it'll stay like that for now, but I will definitely look into using SAFlashplayer.

Comment

Working...
        X