• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • player2
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

listbox to execute programs in the list

hi i hope i wont be asking an allready answered question but i am trying a two different list box projects

1, populate list box with installed programs on the computer the cd is loaded into then be able to run a program in the populated list

2, have a list of misc items on my cd and install them from the list box

i hope this can be done but i just cant seem to see a project close enuff to mine that i may modify to suit
    thx in advance
  • player2
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

Come on guys

Please some one must have the answer or even have created an app similar to what i have asked i have worked out the first part just need to be able to auto populate a list with installed programs and run them from there
    thought about using the start menu folder, or possibly a registry string - any help would be good
    plz plz plz
    Last edited by player2; 05-10-2005, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

Running programs from a listbox should not be that difficult. You can have the program name as the Text and the path as the Data then on selection you can launch the program.

As far as population of the listbox are you trying to get all applications loaded on the PC to be listed in the ListBox? Which programs are you then wanting to add, do you want all .exes on the PC to be listed or only certain ones? I don't know if there is going to be an easy way to do this or not. One could search the registry for files loaded on the local machine but I don't know if each entry would be the same.

Tigg
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Worm
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jul 2002

Take a look at this for starters:

Comment

• player2
          Forum Member
          • May 2005

thx

no not all just the bulk of them te ones that are stored on the programs folderi did some thing nearly close i got a list box populated with the programs folders folders and it shows path but i want it to go one step further and show me the folders contents so i may then run the exe in there

Comment

• player2
            Forum Member
            • May 2005

Edit Time Expired

Originally posted by player2
            no not all just the bulk of them te ones that are stored on the programs folderi did some thing nearly close i got a list box populated with the programs folders folders and it shows path but i want it to go one step further and show me the folders contents so i may then run the exe in there
            lol ran out of time to edit this please disregard and see below

first thx for your replys guys,

no tiger just the exe's in the programs folder i know there will be the odd program outside this and all the windows stuff but atleast i will have access to the bulk of them.

i also noticed upon reading your replies that i had an error in my 2nd post.
            i have worked out the 2nd item in my 1st post its the 1st one i want help with.
            ill go into a little more detail
            i have created a dvd with all my software on itwith pages to different sections I.e Audio, Video, Windows ect......
            i also added some funtionality like checking if winrar is installed on machine and prompting to install if it isnt. i got a list box with all the widows apps i would normaly use to diagnose a computer i.e dxdiag,cmd,process running info.
            i will also be making the disk with a bootable menu for launching/installing dos apps - some thing that i believe is outside the scope of autoplay, anyway that is a little off subject.
            my last real thing i want to do is 1 listbox populated with all the folders from the programs folder, I.e
            Text:Autoplay
            Data:C:\\Programs Folder\\Autoplay

this i have achieved allready. but upon selecting Autoplay i in the listbox i want to populate a second listbox with the .exes in the folder so i in theory the second box would show the text

Text:Autoplay
            Data:C:\\Programs Folder\\Autoplay\\Autoplay.exe and also i would assume as i side effect of this. a second entry of
            Text:Autoplay:
            Data:C:\\Programs Folder\\Autoplay\\Uninstall.exe

if this was achieved am i right in thinking the exe would run if clicked.
            if so i would have acheived the added side effect of being able to run autoplay and unistall it from the second listbox
            ofcourse autoplay is just my chosen example program.

thx in advance
            Last edited by player2; 05-11-2005, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X