• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DwayneT
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2002

Creating Objects at Run-Time

In AMS5, is there a way to create a button at run time? I have a menu I want to configure based on an .ini or .xml file.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi. Sorry not currently. You can however add extra buttons to your project, and set them to "not be visible", then simply show, position, and label them as needed at runtime. This works great for small amount of buttons. To do this simply add a button(s) to the page and set its "visible" attribute to false (uncheck "visible" in properties dialog) and then you can simply use the button actions to show and manipulate the button(s) as needed at runtime.

Hope that helps. :yes

Comment

• DwayneT
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2002

Darn

Yeah, I figured I could do it that way. Was hoping for a create object functionality.

Anyone know if there's a way to use native LUA to get around this?

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Not that I know of. I know that being able to create button instances dynamically at runtime is on the suggestion list but when you think about it, it's tricky. It would only be possible to create additional instances of items already included in the runtime build as far as I know, but then again I'm not a programmer, I'm a designer so I might be wrong... Anyhow for now hiding them is the only solution I know of. :yes

Comment

Working...
        X