Connection to an Access database - examples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yss
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2004

Connection to an Access database - examples?

Hi,
    I know that the subject has been chewed already, but one of our customers want us to build an app that retrieve information from an Access database, no conversions, no installation of new server technologies or databases (i.e. SQLite).

I really want to do it in AMS because it’s rapid and great to use as a programmer.

I would appreciate if somebody has done this and can post an example or an advice (or even an opinion )

Thanks
    Joe
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

The easiest way (and easy is relative in this case) would be to use the LuaCOM plugin. You could go through ADO's COM interface using LuaCOM to interact with teh access database.

The LuaCOM binary distribution comes with an ADO sample. I have attached the relevant ADO sample files to this message. You may need to adjust the scripts somewhat but they should get you on the right track.
    Attached Files

Comment

• yss
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2004

thanks a million for the answer and effort :yes :yes :yes

I need to learn more about LUA, i'll do this this weekend.

Thank again man, you rock!

Comment

• Dermot
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Apr 2004

Hi yss

Attached is a small example I created that uses LuaCom and ADO to read records from an access database in to a listbox in AMS. It might help you to get started.

Dermot
        Last edited by Dermot; 05-09-2007, 11:26 PM.
        Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• aday1234
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2004

my mdb file is encoded with BIG5 charset set,
          and I find that all characters imported from *.mdb become strange character.
          Can this problem be solved?

Comment

Working...
          X