• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ispec
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2005

Newbie to V5: Flash on startup question & upgrading old V2 files

Its been sometime since I started using this wonderful product again and I have two questions to the boffins out there

1. I have created a movie in Macromedia Flash and when I select "Project" and "startup movie", I select it. I do not check the "allow click to skip" option. Well it brings the movie but unfortunately loops it, I only want to play it once and then start the autoplay menu I created. My work around has been to export to avi format from flash and selecting movie instead allows the once run through and then to the menu to happen nicely. Am I doing this right? or should I set some script up in global properties?

2. I have alot of V2 files but opening them in V5 causes some problems, with unable to open messages. Is there backward compatibility? I guess I will have to re-do them from scratch.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer.
  • Intrigued
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Well, this is one way around this situation:

First the Intro Flash file (which is inside My Project.exe) is in the Docs folder of the Primary project file.

Intrigued

Comment

• Intrigued
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Dec 2003

Update: updated this .apz file (use the same link above) and re-uploaded it at: 09:41pm - 05-02-05
      Intrigued

Comment

• yosik
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

Another way would be NOT to use the flash in the INTRO part of the project, but as a Flash object on page one (page zeroth actually) of your project.
        Then you can set the attributes of the flash object NOT to loop and add an fscommand at the end of your flash movie (in your flash authoring program).
        Then you would add the relevant action to the flash movie.

QUOTED FROM THE HELP FILE:

"Detect the End of a Flash Movie
        In AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 it is possible to detect when a flash movie ends by using an FSCommand. This is useful if, for example, you want to navigate to another page once your flash movie ends.

To accomplish this:

In Macromedia Flash: Create a Flash movie which contains an FSCommand on the last frame of the timeline:

fscommand("quit", "");

Insert the following code into the On FSCommand event of your flash object:

if e_FSCommand == "quit" then
        --Whatever is here is performed when your flash movie ends.
        end

ENDOFQUOTE

the "Whatever is here is performed when your flash movie ends", in your case would be: Page.jump("page2");

Good luck
        Yossi

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by yosik
          Another way would be NOT to use the flash in the INTRO part of the project, but as a Flash object on page one (page zeroth actually) of your project.
          Then you can set the attributes of the flash object NOT to loop and add an fscommand at the end of your flash movie (in your flash authoring program).

In AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 it is possible to detect when a flash movie ends by using an FSCommand. This is useful if, for example, you want to navigate to another page once your flash movie ends.

To accomplish this:

In Macromedia Flash: Create a Flash movie which contains an FSCommand on the last frame of the timeline:

fscommand("quit", "");

end

ENDOFQUOTE

the "Whatever is here is performed when your flash movie ends", in your case would be: Page.jump("page2");

Good luck
          Yossi
          I agree with Yossi on the execution of this one. But, at least you now have two (2) ways to approach this idea!

Freedom to choose... it's a good th'a'ng!

Intrigued

Comment

• Intrigued
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by yosik

To accomplish this:

fscommand("quit", "");

end

ENDOFQUOTE

Good luck
            Yossi
            Also, if you want to still have the Kiosk (full-screen) look for the initial project page (where the Flash splash will be) in Yosik's example, you will then need to use the Window.SetSize action and I would recommend that you precursor that with a check of the end-users system's display resolution by using another action (System.GetDisplayInfo()). Then you can set the window size exactly to what is needed for that lovely Kiosk (full-screen) effect!

:yes
            Intrigued

Comment

Working...
            X