• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbie
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

Need a little help with this if you could

File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\transparent.exe", "Project","25");
    I want to run that exe file with the name of the window (Project) and the command line argument has to be 25 .
    So what it will do it tell the Project window to be 25% transparent .
    Could someone help me get this line right .
    I'm willing to share the exe too if anyone wants it .
    Last edited by bobbie; 05-02-2005, 03:14 AM.
  • JimS
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2003

Try this:

Code:
    Project = Application.GetWndHandle();
    File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\transparent.exe", Project.. ",25", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);

Comment

• bobbie
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2005

That didn't work Jim So here is the exe so you can try it .
      Attached Files

Comment

• JimS
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2003

Any documentation? I really don’t know what, and in which format, the executive expects the variables.

Comment

• bobbie
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2005

Well in MMB you can run it like this and it works
          Run("<Embedded>\transparent.exe","WAIT "Welcome!" "25"")
          That help .

Comment

• bobbie
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2005

The "Welcome" is the name of the window you want transparent .
            So in my case it would be "Project".

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Oct 2003

Here is a link to the File.Run action in the help file.

You'll need to know exactly what the command line arguments are supposed to be. What do you type if you go to Start > Run ?

The first parameter is the file name. The second is the command line arguments:

File.Run("AutoPlay\\Docs\\transparent.exe", "put arguments here");
              New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• bobbie
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2005

Thanks for the info Ted, But I still can't get it to work . I'll keep trying .
                Some info .

Makes a window "always on top" and/or transparent.

WinSet, Attribute, Value [, WinTitle, WinText, ExcludeTitle, ExcludeText]

Code:
                Parameters

Attribute, Value  See list below.  
                WinTitle The title or partial title of the target window (the matching behavior is determined by SetTitleMatchMode). If this and the next 3 parameters are omitted, the Last Found Window will be used. If this is the letter A and the next 3 parameters are omitted, the active window will be used. To use a window class, specify ahk_class ExactClassName (shown by Window Spy). To use a process identifier (PID), specify ahk_pid %VarContainingPID%. To use a window's unique ID number, specify ahk_id %VarContainingID%. 
                WinText If present, this parameter must be a substring from a single text element of the target window. Hidden text elements are detected if DetectHiddenText is ON. 
                ExcludeTitle Windows whose titles include this value will not be considered. 
                ExcludeText Windows whose text include this value will not be considered. 
                Transparent, N [v1.0.23+]: Makes a window semi-transparent. Specify for N a number between 0 and 255 to indicate the degree of transparency: 0 makes the window invisible while 255 makes it opaque. In v1.0.23+, transparency may be turned off completely for a window by specifying the word OFF. This is different than specifying 255 because it may improve performance and reduce system resource usage. This command has no effect on Windows 9x and NT4.
                Last edited by bobbie; 05-02-2005, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X