• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Status of project when doing a backup

Hi,
    Something I noticed today and I feel needs to be known to the community.

I was doind an interim backup of a project (meaning of the directory of the projects) with all the materials and the project itself in design form and run form, inside the CD Root directory. So far so good...

The purpose was not only to have the whole project backedup on a CD, but also to be able, in case maybe, to run the project and show it to someone who wouldn't have AMS installed. I did not do a full publish process, as this is only an interim stage.

ok. Did the whole thing. Burned the CD..and, of courses, double checked myself.

What I noticed was that the project, inside the CD Root dir (the one that supposedly should run the full project when doubleclicked on) ran THE LAST PREVIEW STAGE that was launched. Meaning: if you previewed one page, THAT is what you"ll get! No way to run the whole project!
    If THAT is what you want, you HAVE to launch a full project preview once prior to burning your directory.

Thought that might be important to someone. Me, it cost me a disk (and reenforced the already known issue of checking, double checking and triple checking yourself...).

Yossi
Working...
X