• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protocol
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Autorun MAX

Interesting...

Are there plans to take AMS (or otherwise named in future editions) more along the route of application development...

I like MAX. MAX seems like the perfect little playmate for my company, but AMS is simply irreplaceable.

What are the plans?

IR rocks!
    "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

That is exctly the plan. We will keep moving AMS towards powerhouse multimedia application development. No worries. If you love AMS50 you'll be happy with where we are taking it.

Comment

• Protocol
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Oct 2002

Scha-weeeet...

Oh, we LOVE AMS...lol.
      "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

You gotta love that MAX! logo, it's my fave of all our logos...

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

I wish you all the luck with the new offering. But, I'm definitely looking for a strong upgrade path for AMS!

(additional comment)

Why go to a pared down version? Lots of company's are doing this and that segment of the market seems very crowded.
          Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

As far as I know it was mainly in order to have a logo with a dog in it. Let's face it, no one's going to take us seriously without a dog based logo... :o

Comment

• Intrigued
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Corey
              As far as I know it was mainly in order to have a logo with a dog in it. Let's face it, no one's going to take us seriously without a dog based logo... :o
              Well, you may have me there. (pre-nose-snort-laugh) It is a dog-eat-dog world! Maybe it should have been a Pitbull?

Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

"MAX!" is based upon the Indigo Rose Corporation's director of security, Nathan. (miniature daschund)

Comment

• Brett
                  Indigo Rose Staff Member
                  • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Intrigued
                  I wish you all the luck with the new offering. But, I'm definitely looking for a strong upgrade path for AMS!

(additional comment)

Why go to a pared down version? Lots of company's are doing this and that segment of the market seems very crowded.
                  First of all, we are in the early planning stages of AMS60 now and we will be moving it more towards application development. There are a lot of great new ideas being tossed around. My number one goal as lead developer/designer is: "Don't break anything." I want to see a new version with more application-creation features without breaking one line of code or project file from 5.0.

Comment

• AXXESS
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2001

6.0?

Beta test? Where do I sign up??

<<seriously, we WILL wait verrrrry patiently, right guys? >>

Comment

• Dermot
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                      First of all, we are in the early planning stages of AMS60 now and we will be moving it more towards application development. There are a lot of great new ideas being tossed around. My number one goal as lead developer/designer is: "Don't break anything." I want to see a new version with more application-creation features without breaking one line of code or project file from 5.0.
                      I like the sound of that.

I think the MAX idea makes a lot of sense. AMS 5 is almost overkill if you just want to create CD menus. Moving AMS more towards application development is music to my ears as I am sure it will be for a lot of people. I think there is plenty of room for MAX. There other products out there (I have tried lots) but none come close to any of the I.R. products. Plus who could resist that logo?

Dermot
                      Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

Plus who could resist that logo?
                        *Exactly*! :yes

Comment

• Brett
                          Indigo Rose Staff Member
                          • Jan 2000

Originally posted by AXXESS
                          Beta test? Where do I sign up??

<<seriously, we WILL wait verrrrry patiently, right guys? >>
                          Aw man. I knew this would happen. No beta test anytime too soon. Haven't even started coding yet. If you want to help v6.0 come along do this:

- Sit back and reflect about what you would like to see in v6.0, 7.0, etc. That is, where do you want to see the product go? In the near future and long term?
                          - Write your ideas down
                          - Submit them to the Suggestions forum

We will be doing some serious brainstroming and planning in the new few weeks about the future of AMS. So, get the ideas and feedback in now. Your feedback is one of the major factors that affect our product development decisions.

Comment

• Intrigued
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Dec 2003

I understand another point, one that has not been raised in the I.R. defense (if a defense is needed)... is that having a lower priced product to offer could potentially attract folks and then you can show them the power of AMS. Which may have traction (time will quickly tell, right?).

we are in the early planning stages of AMS60 now and we will be moving it more towards application development.
                            There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that taking this position will yield very positive results, as the word gets out more and more that AMS is not "just another autorun" and you can actually (as you can now, but with even more flexibility, from font choices, more property choices for Objects, and on and on) build very powerful, flexible, interactive, R.A.D. applications.

"Lead by EXE'mple and the masses will develop in your footsteps, I.R.!"

:yes
                            Intrigued

Comment

• Brett
                              Indigo Rose Staff Member
                              • Jan 2000

For sure. I think that there is a growing demand in the development market for RAD application development tools that create standalone Windows multimedia apps. There were/are alot of people out there who like(d) Visual Basic 3-6, Delphi, etc. who are being left behind in the new development strategies of MS, Borland, etc. Hopefully we can help fill that demand.

Comment

Working...
                              X