• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Daisy-chaining .mpg's and resetting to beginning

My original plan was to only use one .mpg in this presentation, however it could run 250MB to 300MB.

So I started to test a "daisy-chain":

1. WMP Object loads .mpg #1
    2. Action on-end-of-stream loads .mpg #2

This works fine (except for black flickering between videos from my black frame background...so will have to use fade-in & fade-out to/from black in the videos I guess.

Then I just realized my "Reset" (Replay) action in my own Navigation bar will NOT return to .mpg #1, but #2 (the last .mpg viewed).

So I also decided I had better try to load a 3rd .mpg and found myself STUCK.

My Reset/Replay Video Navigation text (buttons) are on several different pages of the project (like documents, contact page, etc.), and when I started this, a "Page.Jump" action back to the video frame page worked okay...when I only had ONE .mpg.

If a 250MB-300MB .mpg may cause loading problems on older machines, then I need to break it up. At the same time, to make this seamless...so the viewer can not jump around themselves to video segments out-of-context. AND...to be able to Reset/Restart the video chain FROM THE 1ST .mpg.

Any assistance is appreciated...but I don't do well with text explanations unless in:

Step 1 =
    Step 2 =
    Step 3 =

...format...THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric
  • Eric
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Re: Daisy-chaining .mpg's and resetting to beginning

OOOPS...forgot something real important.

If a person is viewing .mpg #4 and wants to re-play just this segment before moving on, I'm wondering if there is a way to have the following Actions from my Navation menu:

1. Replay This Segment
    2. Next Segment (but will ONLY work once the current segment has finished).

Challenges, challenges!

Eric

Comment

• Lorne
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Feb 2001

Just make your replay button load and play MPG #1 instead.

--[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Eric
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2002

Hmmm...can I combine this with a Page.Jump action? One of the Replay Video triggers is on another page.

Tnx.

Eric

Comment

Working...
        X