• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobbie
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

Clear input box

I have a input box and a small button and when I type something in it I would like to clear it with the button .
    Have this code in the button but don't think it is the right one to use as I coulkdn't find anything that says clear ?
    Input.Delete("Input1"); the input box is Input1 .
    What is the right code .
  • Intrigued
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Input.SetText("Input1", "")
    Intrigued

Comment

• bobbie
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2005

Thank you , I see how you did it now just leave out the part Input.SetText("Input1", "") and nothing is printed .. cool.

Comment

• Intrigued
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2003

The "" is equal to like saying nothing, right. Some instances in AMS 5 you may use the built-in nil or even -1 for quasi-like such activities (like, selecting nothing in a listbox, or making a variable type-less).

Once you start getting confortable with the Actions (aka. built-in functions) in AMS... your mind races around thinking of all the neat things you can do in a fraction of the time than you can with other programming languages like VB or C++!

I highly recommend folks do like I (and I'm sure others here have) and read about each of the Actions (500+ in the Pro version!)... it sounds daunting at first but it is extremely worth it, especially if you take it slow and easy and practice each night with a hand full of them (try re-typing the code examples in the Help file).

:yes
        Last edited by Intrigued; 04-27-2005, 09:59 PM.
        Intrigued

Comment

Working...
        X