Assistance with Project and Installer Code??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjryan
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

Assistance with Project and Installer Code??

Forum newbie but user since AMS4!

Originally posted by Corey
    Hi. Hard to say, but probably. Feel free to post your requirements here in the forum and see who turns up, we have many users here who are more than qualified for sure.
    I have a AMS5 project I would like to enlist assistance. I am not quite sure the best way to ‘wrap up’ or best prepare for distribution. I have a client now that is quite interested in a AMS5 project that I have built and want to install on 200+ machines. I want to ensure that my program meets appropriate criteria for ‘delivery and installation’ on numerous desktops and that the application has certain integrity required to survive scrutiny and abuse of regular commercial use. I do not use or know thoroughly Setup Factory but will use if best to do so. I AM NOT A 'CODER' BUT A CONSULTANT BECOMING AMS ADDICT!

In short: Do any of you Autoplay experts (corey,tigger,worm others) do contract work? How do I engage if so? I do not deal with NASA type trade secrets but would like to ensure some level of confidentiality. My projects are essentially built and work but need professional closure and would certainly accept advice on how to improve technically.
    If I can figure it out, a sample screen shots attached.
    Much appreciated,
    bjr
    Attached Files
  • Ted Sullivan
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Oct 2003

Setup Factory 7.0 is specifically designed to make rock-solid professional software installers. It's also very easy to use. You simply drop your files in and click on build. Of course, there's lots more available should you want to fully customize your installer, make system changes etc etc.

Definitely check out the trial version. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a pro-quality installer built in an hour or so (future installers only take a few minutes once you know what you're doing). Then when you purchase the full version, just load in your project and rebuild to remove the nag screens and time-limits.
    New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• The Announcer
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2005

Simple Install Using Media Studio Pro 5

I'm trying to create a simple installer to copy a exe file from a CD to the users hard drive. Then create a link with a specific icon on the PC Desktop.

I'm getting confused becase this code is drive letter specific: Everyone has different drive letters... so how do you make it recognize everyones configuration. Example below:

File.Copy("C:\\MyDir\\*.*", "C:\\DestDir\\", true, true, false, true, nil);
      Shell.CreateShortcut(Shell.GetFolder(SHF_DESKTOP), "Shortcut to My File", "C:\\My Prog\\MyExe.exe", "", "", "", 0, SW_SHOWNORMAL, nil);

Is there anyone that can help me with this? Also is the Installer Software better for this simple install?

Comment

• bule
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2005

I'll go a little off topic and say that you've got some nice piece of design there bjryan....
        Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• markstaylor
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Oct 2003

I'm trying to create a simple installer to copy a exe file from a CD to the users hard drive. Then create a link with a specific icon on the PC Desktop.
          I have created a simple installer / uninstaller that works with all my apps without recompiling for every project. let me know if you would like to check it out.
          SELECT * FROM Users WHERE IQ > 0;
          o rows Returned

Comment

Working...
          X