What happened to adding a working cd expiration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FBlanch
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2002

What happened to adding a working cd expiration?

People were saying this would be added to Version 4.0. Is it still in future plans of AMS?

Fblanch
  • unknown user
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2024

Re: What happened to adding a working cd expiration?

Well you can easily set your page "On Show" or "On Initialize" to use a SYSTEM > GET DATE TIME to setup a variable containing system date and then check that against your expiry date to either run or exit the application based upon the response.

For token based expiry (i.e. ten uses) simply write to the registry each time the app starts and then you just have to check that key to either run or exit the application based upon the result...

Another permutation is to reference your expiry date or token count against data you set your application to retrieve from the internet. That would prevent users from setting back their system clock or deleting the registry tokens to get past your expiry but it also requires that your users have an internet connection...

BTW your chosen pic of that model seems to be about 20K, that slows down page loads. I have attached a resized version of your pic (2K) to save you time, looks exactly the same, click "attachment" under my name on the left to get it. Use it please. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

10549-kim___c0.jpg

Comment

Working...
    X