• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lawellf
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2005

Articulate Presenter and Autoplay

I am trying to get to grips with using autoplay media suite to help create cd-roms for educational use. I want to be able to create cd-roms that allow me to use articulate presenter to present flash presentations.

I have worked out how to create an articulate presentation. However, I don't know how to get this to play within autoplay.

Does anybody have any advice. I am a complete novice to autoplay and have little technical know-how.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

Hi,

At it's most simple you just insert a Flash object onto your page and specify the .swf (presumably that's what the software outputs).

Obviously it gets a lot more complex than that but what you'll find here is a group of people who will help you out when you run into a problem

Once you get going with AMS5 you'll find it's tremendously addictive and on a daily basis you'll find new things that you can do with it. It's a brilliant bit of software :yes
    Last edited by longedge; 04-19-2005, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• lawellf
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2005

Still confused

Thanks for your help.

I am still very confused. I think I need to hear from someone who uses Articulate presenter and autoplay. Any ideas how I could do this?

Regards

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

I don't know if there is anyone here who has used the piece of software you're talking about. I certainly haven't but if you have a specific question about AMS and you know what file format your presentations are saved out as then that shouldn't be a problem. From what I can see, the Articulate Presenter files are flash based and therefore possibly .swf's.

Flash (and various other) file types are handled by including a flash object on the page in which the file is 'played'.

Let's see if anyone else responds....

Comment

• ianhull
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2004

I have used Articulate Presenter to convert my Powerpoint Presentation to Flash and your right longedge it produces .swf's

It also produces external .swf's so you must make sure that you copy all the relevant files into the same directory for it to function properly.

Step 1:

Publish your presentation to My Documents,

Step 2:

Then Open AutoPlay and create your new project.

Step 3:

Go to My Documents and copy the folder in which your presentation resides

Step 4:

Go to My Documents , AutoPlayProjects , YourProjectName , CD_Root , AutoPlay , Docs and paste your presentation here

Step 5:

Go back to your new Autoplay project and at the top you will see the Flash object button, Click this and then navigate to AutoPlay , CD_Root , Docs , Presentation Folder and select the main Flash Movie.

Step 6:

Preview you AutoPlay Project

Hope this helps.

Comment

• yosik
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2002

Excuse my question.
            Why would you need AutoPlay?
            Articulate Presenter produces for CDRoms by itself...

In any case, if the output is one swf file only, no problem, you can just put that swf as a flash object on a screen in AMS. But if there is a bunch of swf beeing created in the production process in Articulate, my best bet would be to use Autoplay (again, if you NEED Autoplay) to launch your presentation as an EXTERNAL file, using the File.Run action. Then as Ianhull said, you have to transfer all the published files into your Doc directory in Autoplay and call them from there.

Hope I helped (and not confused you further...)

Yossi

Comment

• lawellf
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Apr 2005

Thanks for your advice yossi

You are right Yossi. Aritculate presenter does create lots of .swf files. A seperate one for each slide. It also has lots of files which help run the viewer. (see the attached file) Does this mean that if I was going to have lots of presentations in ASM I would have to put each folder that I create in seperately?

Thanks again

Frank
              Attached Files

Comment

• yosik
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jun 2002

Frank,
                I say "wow!" So many files..I wouldn't want to have to deal with keeping all of them together...
                Anyway, as far as I can see, the overall envelope is a html file (index.html?) so it is even simpler.
                Just copy the whole directory inside the Doc dir in Autoplay and use File.OpenURL to launch your index.html file in your browser.
                Alternatively, you can put a webobject on your screen and (again) point the path to your index.html file.
                A matter of preference if you want to have it INSIDE AMS or launched externally.
                For additional projects, just do the same. Copy all directories to the Doc folder and point each time at the relevant "index.html" file.
                Good luck
                Yossi

Comment

• jimriley
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Feb 2003

Example of Articulate Presenter and AMS integration here:

[8.2 MB download]

Jim
                  ----------------------------------
                  www.tutor2u.net
                  UK Online Learning Resource of the Year

Comment

• Corey
                    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                    • Aug 2002

Awesome! :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes

Comment

• eric_darling
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Jun 2002

There are lots of reasons to use presentations created by Articulate Presenter with AMS. As a matter of fact, as long as you're careful about keeping the files in the right spot, they make a great team! You can design a whole custom interface within AMS and employ the Articulate Presenter output in either a web or flash object. Lots of flexibility, and opportunities for stringing several together via a menu system in AMS. In training applications, that could be a significant advantage a developer using AMS brings to the table vs. a competitor without.

Combining tools like that is one of the best reasons to use AMS - it's just too easy.
                      Eric Darling
                      eThree Media
                      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Intrigued
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jimriley
                        Example of Articulate Presenter and AMS integration here:

[8.2 MB download]

Jim
                        This project did not see that I have Acrobat Reader 7 installed. Just a headsup. There is at least one thread about this here in the forums.

(I just clicked on "continue" and the program launched. Sharp!

:yes
                        Intrigued

Comment

• Intrigued
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Dec 2003

One other thing I noticed... the text is very unclear (hard to read even) in at least one section. Now, I am running at a bit higher resolution than the norm. 1280x1024

Here is what I see:
                          Attached Files
                          Intrigued

Comment

• lawellf
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Apr 2005

How can I stop the 'launch' page opening?

When using articulate presenter a launch page opens and then the presentation opens in a seperate window. Does anybody know how I can get the presentation to open in the same page, as part of the application I have created with Autoplay.

Comment

• eric_darling
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • Jun 2002

Use the SWF file directly instead of the HTML.
                              Eric Darling
                              eThree Media
                              http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X