Open or run externa funtion with AMS, is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wonderboy
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2005

Open or run externa funtion with AMS, is this possible?

Is it possible to let AMS load and external funtion in another application?
    lets say i have a application that is in my source folder and i want to let my compiled AMS application run this application and run a funtion that is in this application for example and "install funtion" ?
    like loading an API funtion in this app that is in my source folder.

any help is appriciated
    Last edited by Wonderboy; 04-18-2005, 09:11 AM.
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Have you tried File.Run. You can run a program and if necessary pass arguments to that application using this action.

Tigg
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Wonderboy
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2005

Thanks for helping!
      but what arguments should i set so that i know that AMS is comunicating correctly with the application
      for example lets say the external program has a install function and i would like AMS to pass this arguments to the application,rather than pushing the install button itself on this application, would i just set AMS to run this
      application and chose to set File.install as an arguments in AMS?

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Sep 2002

That is hard for me to say. It all depends on the program that you are launching and if the application supports arguments.

For example if you were installing Outlook and wanted to do some configuration via command line you could do this.

Here is the original command that you would typ at a command line

outlookAddinInstaller.exe /s /mPW_ORG_ID=organizerid PW_ORG_PW=orgpassword PW_ACCOUNT=mycompany PW_IVAULT_DLS=http://www.mycompanywpserver.

In AMS it would look like this.

Code:
        File.Run("outlookAddinInstaller.exe", "/s /mPW_ORG_ID=organizerid PW_ORG_PW=orgpassword PW_ACCOUNT=mycompany PW_IVAULT_DLS=http://www.mycompanywpserver", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, true);
        I hope that helps provide additional information on what you are wanting to do.

Tigg
        TJ-Tigger
        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
        "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
        Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Wonderboy
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2005

I got it working, it was a flash screensaver that i wanted to install automaticly, but i just had change an option when i compiled the screen saver so that it would automaticly install itself, thank for your help Tigger, much appriciated :yes

Comment

• willfreer
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2004

screen saver

So will this work with a screen saver or desktop?Wwhere as with one click on a button in Autoplay, the screensaver or desktop it will be downloaded onto the users computer and running? Or will it always stop in the users folder where they have to chose it as a screensaver?

Thansk for you help.

will

Comment

• Wonderboy
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2005

Iam not really sure how you mean, the screen saver that i install with autoplay is being installed automaticly into the users system32 folder and can be activated from the users screensaver menu,by right clicking on the desktop and chosing Display properties then screen saver.

Comment

Working...
              X