• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobertB
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2000

Image Catalogue Help

OK...I am getting ready to crunch this project out this weekend. I apologize in advance if the questions are newbie but here is my application:

Each CD-ROM will have 25 high-res {20 meg} images, 25 web-res {100k} images and a contact sheet .pdf.

I would like to be able to have the right hand part of the screen scroll 25 thumbnails, and when clicked the corresponding web-res image would show itself in the middle of the AMS screen. Also, I would have a link somewhere to explore FOLDER where the images are housed.

I reviewed the Corporate Image Slideshow template as the thumbs are all laid out. But, I want to use a scrolling mechanism that might be HTML driven?

Also, I would like to place a 'PRINT' icon to automatically print the contact sheet .pdf . But, if the user does not have Acrobat Reader, it would then install it from my CD-ROM.

Would you guys and gals point me in the right direction on how to best go about this?

Thanks in advance!

-Robert [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
  • zeroseven
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

Re: Image Catalogue Help

Why not just lay out the thumbnails, and make them click-able whereas each would be linked to the full-sized image, which would open in that same Autoplay Window (well, depending on how big they are, but you know what I mean).

Basically, forget about some script or something, just do it the regular way. Place all the images out like tiles, and link 'em to a page with the full-sized one on it.

Download this for example [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You can also use the webrowser for this [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

• eric_darling
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Re: Image Catalogue Help

This a a sample project I cooked up in 4 minutes using page.hideobject commands on page properties to hide the objects on loading the page, and then using page.showobject commands on clicks. The treated images could be in a single position on the page, if this were to be a true catalog layout. Easy as pie...

10445-image.zip
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X