• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason Pate
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2002

inf file in the root of a AM5 project

I need a inf file in the root of a AM5 project, but each time I do a build it deletes it, if its in a sub folder its fine, but I need it in the root?? Any suggestions? Can you confirm?
  • rhosk
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

Jason, there's probably a couple of ways you could do this. One would be to go to AMS' preferences and select the "build" option and uncheck "Optimize resources before publish". The other is - when you are publishing, tell AMS to "confirm deletion of resources that are not used". If it asks you to delete, uncheck the files concerned.

It's just that the file you're using is obviously not in the actions and it thinks you don't need it.
    Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• longedge
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2003

Hello,
      I've not come across this as a problem and haven't tried it, but my immediate thought would be to build to a folder on your hard drive then put your additional file/s in and having done that write it to CD. That's what I tend to do in any case.

p.s. Hadn't thought of Rhosk's point - in my mind I had it that the 'clean' only takes place in the default sub-folders.
      Last edited by longedge; 04-12-2005, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• rhosk
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by longedge
        Hello,
        I've not come across this as a problem and haven't tried it, but my immediate thought would be to build to a folder on your hard drive then put your additional file/s in and having done that write it to CD. That's what I tend to do in any case.
        That was my second thought, unless it's being published as a SFX.
        Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• Jason Pate
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2002

Optimize resources before publish
          Great Idea but no effect.

build to a folder on your hard drive then put your additional file/s
          Really wanted to build to ISO also I would sure hate to forget to add a file or two. Maybe IR can state why AM5 Delete the .inf's?

Comment

• longedge
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Aug 2003

Whereabouts in your folder structure are you putting your inf file. I just tried it, and placed a dummy .inf and also a .rar file in the project ''CD_Root'' folder .

The ISO when it was built included them both, they didn't get deleted. The four expected files were there in the root autorun.exe, autorun.inf, dummy.inf and dummy.rar together with the main folder ''Autoplay''.

Comment

• rhosk
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Aug 2003

Same here, I can't repeat this.

Maybe if you give us more details on how you're doing it....OS, the build options you're using, is the inf file read only or hidden by chance? Something's not right, but I don't think it's the fault of AMS.
              Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• Jason Pate
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2002

Yes its in CD_Root, I am using windows XP, this happens during the BUILD process, generially I am building to ISO, but any build mode will do it, file name is ver.inf

Comment

• longedge
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Aug 2003

Time to raise a ticket I guess Jason. It seems to be only on your system

Comment

• Justin Baird
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2005

Having a similar problem

Hello, I am having a similar problem, with the result being that an autorun.inf file is not being generated any longer.

I'm running with the latest version of AMS, just updated it recently. My AMS project is from an earlier version.

Clicking the build option box to enable autoplay (i.e. generate an autorun.inf and put in the root directory) does not generate an autorun.inf

It used to work. Is there any way I can check a text-based script or some file to force the autorun to be generated?

Thanks,

-Justin

Comment

• Jason Pate
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2002

Justin,

I finally just changed my file to an INI. The problem was really weird, you might need to take longedge suggestion and open a ticket.

Comment

• Intrigued
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Dec 2003

I am wondering if this has something to do with the default autorun.inf that AMS 5 can create?

Hmmm... I am wondering (way out on a limb here) if the autorun.inf is created always in the CD_ROOT folder and if autorun optioins is unticked... then it's (and all .inf files in the CD_ROOT are...) just removed at build time (F7)?

I.R. reps.?
                        Intrigued

Comment

• Adam
                          Indigo Rose Staff Member
                          • May 2000

I could not replicate this either. Here is what I did:

1) Created a blank project.
                          2) Went to the location that it is stored as in "My Documents".
                          3) Created a file named Ver.inf in the CD_Root directory.
                          4) Added some video, text ect to my project.
                          5) Built to a "Hard Drive Folder" and let it build to the CD_Root directory.

Result: the Ver.inf file was still there.

Can anyone follow my similar workflow and get different results? Can someone give me similar instructions that will replicate the issue?

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• Intrigued
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Adam
                            I could not replicate this either. Here is what I did:

1) Created a blank project.
                            2) Went to the location that it is stored as in "My Documents".
                            3) Created a file named Ver.inf in the CD_Root directory.
                            4) Added some video, text ect to my project.
                            5) Built to a "Hard Drive Folder" and let it build to the CD_Root directory.

Result: the Ver.inf file was still there.

Can anyone follow my similar workflow and get different results? Can someone give me similar instructions that will replicate the issue?

Adam Kapilik
                            Ah, I did a (F5) and it removed it (dummyinfi.inf file) from CD_ROOT and then I tried a build (F7) to _DesktopFolder and when I checked the project... the fiile was gone again (I tried with the check in the build area to create an autorun'able file and without).
                            Intrigued

Comment

• gooch
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • Jun 2004

No .inf file

I've just started to use AM5 since my OS has been updated from 2000 to XP Pro. When building a project, I too am not getting a .inf file. As a consequence, none of my CDs are autoplaying. I have tried building to disk and CD (using AM5 burner).

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X