• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • randy vild
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2005

inserting a table from web

Im a Video Editor and do not know code. However, I just made my first video CD from AutoPlay and turned out great accept for one problem. I have an entire book with 14 chpts (14 pages inserted in "paragraph area") now I am inserting the Appendix of the book and App. 3:

Now I tried making a paragraph layout and inserting it but can not. Also understand that when I tried all these action for grabbing web content I have never been successfull. Can someone please explain the first steps to obtain this action of getting this table into my project?

Thank you,
    Randy
  • randy vild
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2005

Is there a templete I could download of someone's project to understand how to accomplish this?

Thank you,
    Randy

Comment

• randy vild
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2005

Actaully it does not have to from the web just want to create a table. I need this done to finish project.

Thank you,
      Randy

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Hi Randy. OK, in order to serve HTML tables in AutoPlay Media Studio (Pro Edition), we use the "Web Object". Using this special object, we can serve HTML content of any type, i.e. tables, text, images, and we can do so locally (on the hard drive) or remotely (from the net).

The best way to serve a single table in this context is:

1. Create an HTML file which contains only your table, and add it to the "Docs" folder of your project.
        2. Place a web object on your page in AMS and point it to this HTML file.

That should do exactly what you need. Note that you can do the exact same thing with an HTML file form the internet also, just change the URL you type into the web object's propertes dialog. Hope that helps, just let me know if you need more help on this one. :yes

Comment

• randy vild
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2005

Corey,

Thank you so very much!!! Not only did your directions work it looks pro!!

Your friend,
          Randy

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

No problem, glad to hear it. :yes

Comment

Working...
            X