• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason Pate
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2002

Draw a Line

Is there a way to get just a string single line in AM5, I want to use something subtle as a separator, but best I can do is a thin Rectangle with the shape plug-in but its still two lines cant make it one line.
  • Jason Pate
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2002

I figured it out if you chagne the Properties on the Properties sheet, it will let you reduce the size more than on the objects dialog box preperties settings.

ALSO posted in wrong forum, was ment for AM5

Comment

• dthompson16
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Dec 2003

little trick to draw a line

This is not a string, but this draws a nice clean thin line on the page:
      1. Insert a Paragraph Object.
      2. Set the Background Style to Solid and choose a color (e.g., black).
      3. Set the Vertical Scrollbar to Off.
      4. Set Height to 1.
      5. Set desired Width.

Comment

• yosik
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

I know it might sound simplicetic, but why not use a text label and type a sequence of underscores, like that:
        __________________________________________________ ___________
        that would give you a continous thin line of whatever color you want.

Yossi

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

It sounds like you got it working... if not here is a very simple example using the Shape plugin (as you were).
          Attached Files
          Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

My favorite way to so this is to use a 1 X 1 image in the color I want, and then just stretch that to suit. This gives you control over opacity, plus you can vary the thickness to create both thin small bars and larger page bars. No file size to add, and no plug-ins needed. Anyhow this is how I handle this on web pages also. For example on this page, the horizontal separator at the bottm (above the page tools) is just a 1 X 1 image.

Auto Updating for Windows Applications TrueUpdate is the premiere solution for software developers wanting to add automatic web updating to their Windows software applications. Unlike hosted services where the update technology is beyond your control, TrueUpdate is uniquely designed to provide full control over every part of the update process. 100% Configurable “Check for Update” …

Same with the menu dividers on the left...

Comment

• Intrigued
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Corey
              My favorite way to so this is to use a 1 X 1 image in the color I want, and then just stretch that to suit. This gives you control over opacity, plus you can vary the thickness to create both thin small bars and larger page bars. No file size to add, and no plug-ins needed. Anyhow this is how I handle this on web pages also. For example on this page, the horizontal separator at the bottm (above the page tools) is just a 1 X 1 image.

Auto Updating for Windows Applications TrueUpdate is the premiere solution for software developers wanting to add automatic web updating to their Windows software applications. Unlike hosted services where the update technology is beyond your control, TrueUpdate is uniquely designed to provide full control over every part of the update process. 100% Configurable “Check for Update” …

Same with the menu dividers on the left...
              I like that even better myself! :yes

Corey, I could not get that TU link to show up. It gives me a blank page, no load.
              Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

That's odd, it works here in Firefox, Opera, and IE. I just checked. So I'm not really sure what it could be, I wish I had some ideas... I wonder if your ISP is playing fast and loose with your DNS cache?

Comment

• Intrigued
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Corey
                  That's odd, it works here in Firefox, Opera, and IE. I just checked. So I'm not really sure what it could be, I wish I had some ideas... I wonder if your ISP is playing fast and loose with your DNS cache?
                  Ah yes.. I just used a DNS server I have access to through work and all was good to go. Good catch.

:yes
                  Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
                    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                    • Aug 2002

I'm blowing the smoke off my barrel even as I speak. [phloot] :o

Comment

• yosik
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Jun 2002

VERY good idea, Corey. I like the 1X1 image solution.Thanks for the tip!!!

Yossi

Comment

Working...
                      X