• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bpfister1
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

problem adding a web slideshow

I made a web slideshow using Photoshop 7. It has a thumbnail frame and a main frame. I added the index.htm file as a web browser object. In my autorun I have a graphic of a map on one page, and if you click on a location you jump to an autorun page containing the web slideshow with pictures for that location. When the autorun plays this everything runs great until you go to some other page and then return to the slideshow page. When you return, only the main frame will load, or sometimes only the thumbnail frame will load. Which is strange because the object is just supposed to find "index.htm" not the thumbnail.htm or subpage.htm that Photoshop creates. Well, it always loads just right on the first jump to the page, so any idea how to make the object load like it's supposed to on all subsequent jumps to this page?
  • unknown user
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2024

Re: problem adding a web slideshow

OK I see what you're doing. Allright well before we address the problems with that, have you tried out our corporate slideshow template? Adding a page from it to your project might solve your problems and give you much slicker results with better control. Please try it and let me know if it helps. Here's the slideshow template:

Click Here

But anyways OK I fixed your project, it was easy. All I did was drag and drop all your photogallery files into your Distribution folder and then changed the URL link on your web browser object to:

%SrcDir%\index.htm

Works like a charm, you can download the built file here:

Click Here

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

You can also get the modified project file here:

Click Here

Don't forget to drag your gallery stuff into the Distribution folder...

Comment

• RobertB
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Nov 2000

Project Template

I am curious....Your response was to try the corporate template....Did you just create that or are there additional templates that did not come with the download?

TIA!

Comment

• bpfister1
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2002

I hate to say this but I've done everything you said, and I still see the same thing -- the thumbnail frame disappears on subsequent visits to the page.

I downloaded the project you said you had fixed and I saw that it also did the same thing.

I don't think it's just an issue of making sure everything is in the distribution folder???

I would rather use the slide show I have set up because I have saved a lot of picture information that appears via variables (Photoshop 7 calls them "tokens"). That is how the titles and captions get plugged in.

Comment

• unknown user
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2024

AK - Yes there are a few, they'll be avaiable soon.

Betsy, I'm totally knowledgeless when it comes to frames, if you're locked into using frames I'm probably not miuch help...

Comment

• Derek
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2001

zip it up and attach it here and i'll take a look at it
            -
            = Derek
            ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• bpfister1
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2002

Thanks for the help folks, I've kind of decided that it would be best for me to latch onto whatever I know works at this point (too close to deadline).

I'm using the method for the "corporate slideshow template" for a main photo gallery page. I'm still using the HTML slideshows from Photoshop, but they'll lauch in a browser to show pics for specific locations when a user clicks on a map (the map is one of the autorun pages).

Now the only question is, how do I get the autorun to go behind the browser when it opens. ? So far I've found I can minimize the autorun but the user has to restore it from the Windows Taskbar.

Thanks again. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• unknown user
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2024

Try adding

onBlur="self.focus ();"

to your HTML body tag, i.e.

<body text="#000000" onBlur="self.focus();">

That makes your browser window stay on top.

Comment

• bpfister1
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2002

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                  X