• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kurt S
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Duplicate Files

When you use files like bitmaps, videos, ect. it creates a proprietary format of this file and stores it in the DATA folder. Why does it also put the original file in the Resources folder.

What is the need for two of the same file?
  • eric_darling
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Re: Duplicate Files

Let's say you change a graphic. There's no way to do that with the proprietary format in the DATA folder. The resources folder is not necessary for distribution, it's simply there as a matter of organization for you to compile all your elements for the project.
    Eric Darling
    eThree Media
    http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Kurt S
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2001

That's what I had suspected.

The thing that threw me off was in the help file instructions. It's worded a little vague and the way they describe it, it seems like you needed to include this folder.

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

You got it. Once you get used to the new system of creating CDs from your projects, it starts to make a lot more sense than the old Virtual CD folder method.
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Lorne
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Feb 2001

What part was vague? Lemme know where it is in the help file, and I'll unvagueify it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

(I need to ask because the Resources folder is explained in about a dozen different places...)

--[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
          X