• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerbrand
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

browse pdf and open it

Hi,

Hope anyone can help me with the following. I would like to browse a folder, select a pdf and open it with acrobat.

Should be simple but can not make it work.

Thanks for any help.
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Can you post the code you are currently using?
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

One thing that always threw me was that the Dialog.FileBrowse action returns a table and not a string. So when you are opening your file make sure you reference the index for the file selected.

Code:
      tbFiles = Dialog.FileBrowse(true, "Select PDF", Shell.GetFolder(SHF_MYDOCUMENTS), "Adobe PDF(*.pdf)|*.pdf| All Files(*.*)|*.*|", "", "", false, true);
      if tbFiles then
      	File.Open([color=red]tbFiles[1][/color], "", SW_SHOWNORMAL);
      end
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Stefan_M
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Nov 2003

Demo project with two solutions.

Stefan_M

Speedy Tigger was faster
        Attached Files
        "With a rubber duck, one's never alone."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Comment

• longedge
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Aug 2003

One of the items on my list of things to do is to try and get to the bottom of why Acrobat Reader 7 is causing us problems with apparently broken associations. I can't for the life of me understand why Adobe imposed restrictions on including the reader on distributions.

It used to be 100% reliable when you could run the executable from your own CD - now it's a real pain. I've started to avoid pdf's where I can.

Comment

Working...
          X