• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mortamer
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

TU2 vs TU1 and wininet

hello, I read about how users won't need to configure TU2 because it uses wininet and therefor it gets the settings from IE. I was planning on using TU silently (which I guess takes away the configuration option) so is TU2 a big improvement? How many people actually are affected by this? How did TU1 get the files? URLDownloadToFile? Because TU1 works fine on my computer at least without configuration and I know a lot of people use URLDownloadToFile and they don't need to configure any proxy info or anything.
  • Ted Sullivan
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Oct 2003

TrueUpdate 2.0 is a huge step up from v1.0 in terms of it's support for proxy servers, firewalls and corporate networks. While most people would never experience any problems with TrueUpdate 1.0 connecting to web servers etc., especially in a home user/small business environment, as we all know Internet security and access can be a pretty big issue - and a complicated one at that.

TrueUpdate 2.0 goes the extra mile to make sure your updates are as automatic and compatible as possible. We've gone to great lengths to follow the same protocols and procedures as Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer use. So, assuming that a workstation or server has internet access through standard Windows mechanisms, then TrueUpdate will make use of the same settings. That includes things like proxy servers, authentication, etc etc.

Basically, TrueUpdate 2.0 makes your life easier by coming equiped to deal with these issues right out of the box.
    New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• Steven Carr
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2001

We did a test on a system today which *always* gave problems with TU1, to the point where TU1 was unusable.

With TU2 we can now process the auto-update.

Comment

• bnkrazy
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Steven Carr
        We did a test on a system today which *always* gave problems with TU1, to the point where TU1 was unusable.

With TU2 we can now process the auto-update.

I am seeing the same results...very happy with the new version!

Comment

Working...
        X