• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mortamer
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

Errors when updating?

Hello, I was testing the app and I have a few errors when trying to update. I wanted my final version to be able to get a subdomain (update.mydomain.com) instead of mydomain.com/update/update.uif, which shouldnt be a problem as update.mydomain.com just points to mydomain.com/update/update.uif. But, when I test this I get this error
    Code:
    Could not download update information.

Update information file #1
    Error code returned by server.
    Possible causes:

1. You are not connected to the Internet.  Please connect to the Internet and try again.

2. The Internet server that you are trying to connect to is not available at this time.  Please try again later.
    now it works fine when I plug in the direct URL, but I'm afraid of this changing and leaving my users without auto update, and I know I can always control the subdomains. Any ideas?
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Originally posted by Mortamer
    Hello, I was testing the app and I have a few errors when trying to update. I wanted my final version to be able to get a subdomain (update.mydomain.com) instead of mydomain.com/update/update.uif, which shouldnt be a problem as update.mydomain.com just points to mydomain.com/update/update.uif. But, when I test this I get this error
    Code:
    Could not download update information.

Update information file #1
    Error code returned by server.
    Possible causes:

1. You are not connected to the Internet.  Please connect to the Internet and try again.

2. The Internet server that you are trying to connect to is not available at this time.  Please try again later.
    now it works fine when I plug in the direct URL, but I'm afraid of this changing and leaving my users without auto update, and I know I can always control the subdomains. Any ideas?
    What if you try TrueUpdate 2.0? TrueUpdate 2.0 is now in beta and is freely downloadable. It should be released in the coming weeks.

Comment

• Mortamer
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2005

ok will do, but, does that mean I can't do this with 1.0? And, do you know if masking would be helpful? I currently have it so that when someone goes to update.mydomain.com they are forwarded to mydomain.com/update/update.uif and they can see this, but if update.mydomain.com were masked it would appear to have the update.uif file right there.

Comment

• Adam
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • May 2000

Mortamer,

True Update 2.0 makes it super easy for the client to update itself. This means that you could use a direct link and update that in case you would like to change the location.

In True Update 1.0 you would have to run a separate installer to update the client. It is possible in 1.0 but it is much easier to update the client in version 2.0.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

Working...
        X