• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pestana
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

Quit Button overlayed

hi, i am new to APMS 5.0 (great software)
    and i need help :/ :( hope you smart guys can help me

I made a page and put there a video file. Now i want to make a small "quit"- Button or something like that (Hotspot with text would be also enough), BUT the problem is, that i want this quit button to be in the upper right corner on the video file. I tried now to send the video to the background, and the quit button "send to forward", but this doesn't work, it seems like the video is "always on top" but there is no such option :/

.... so how can i get my quit button overlayed over the video

pleaseeee help (urgent)
    pestana
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi, you can't overlay items atop video objects in this manner. It has to do with the way in which the Windows OS "draws" the windows on the screen. If you need to overlay a button on video there are a few ways:

1. Import your video into Flash and then add a button layer atop that. Add an fscommand to that button, and then set your AMS project to exit OnFSCommand.

2. Some video formats such as quicktime support hotspots created by video editors such as Cleaner, more info on this on Google.

FWIW since you never see video with exit buttons atop the video, it's probably not a feature users would miss. Hope that helps.

Comment

• pestana
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2005

thanks a lot ..... that helped

Comment

• yosik
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

Still, with Worm's SetMask plugin, you can "make a hole on your video window and put a button underneath it which will still be interactive.

Check previous thread on this topic

Yossi

Comment

• Worm
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jul 2002

Thanks Yos for pointing that out.

It's true, with SetMask, you can use a button, hotspot, or any other object through a video object.

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Even picture-in-video and video-in-video. SWEET!

Comment

• pestana
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2005

coooool thanks

(but my biiiig problem is now the background color and fullscreen) :/

Comment

Working...
              X