• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daffy
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2004

Security

I sent something a few days ago, but here is a better example.

if I could get some feedback on this please. If it's viable, others may be able to use it.

I tried to upload the actual exe's, but keep having problems doing it. I hope the "text" version is ok and you can make head or tails of it.

daffy
  • daffy
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2004

explanation of Security example

I'll try to uplaod all four items for everyone to see better of what I'm trying.
    I may have to do this a few times until I get them all here for you guys to see. ANY improvements by anyone can help us all. Here's basically what I tried to do:

The "IDEA" IS TO USE THE "FLOPPY" AS A "DONGLE" KIND OF KEY. Even if someone copies the cd,
    and gives out the Registration #, They will be "stopped" at a second point coz the "rest"
    of the "numbers" stolen by any Pirates, won't pass. They can get past the "reg" number, but NOT the
    the CD numbers in the 2nd input on cd1 and in the input on cd2. THOSE numbers are sent in during the Reg
    process and are "coded" FROM that PC and only that PC. (#1 below). There are probably a number
    of ways we can use this, but I'm just a newb.

On "Page 1" in both (CD1/Step2) and (CD2/Step1) contains a paragraph where you can put your warning or info and a "Retry" button. I used single file compressed for these steps and placed each step in "docs" folder. (you can adapt this to only CD or as many as you have)

I used ini files coz it seemed easier to retrieve info from them.

1. 09211952.ini resides in the Windows folder and is Encrypted (I used a 99# password,let the ahole
    pirates try to break it haha).
    . It's "decrypted" when needed.
    (it will contain all the info from steps 1 and 2 in creation of the key kard and
    subsequent verifications. It is also copied to the A:\ to be sent as attachment during the
    registration process). You can use ANY of the information you like in the ini to be used in your
    verification process.
    (but I use the "serial # for CD1 and CD2, the one stamped on it by the CD manufacturer as well as
    the numbers given with the "frive Serial.dll)

2. 09211952A.ini is a "temp" to be used to verify the A:\C: and D: info.

3. On CD1, there are (2) inputs (the first for a number given by me in order to get to the next input),
    which will be the Serial # using the "driverSerial.dll".

The input on CD2 does the same.

The idea is to use the floppy as a "dongle" type of key. Without it, you can't gain access to the main
    CD (which in this case is CD2) or the additional files on CD1 (I used CD1 for the "demo" and CD2
    has the "full" application. EVEN after you have registered.
    if you"copy" the info from the floppy to another one, access will be denied.

HOPEfully, (i'm just a newbie), you can use the SAME key kard on machines within your netlan.
    Using the "old fashioned" way of registering (i.e. using email sending the encrypted ini file)
    and using the #s "labled" on the CDs, they will be sent the the code to enter in the
    "registeration input" and then whatever info in the ini file I choose to use (appropriately coded
    into the verification process) to gain further access (the second input on CD1 and the input
    on CD2).

you could 1. use a "labled" # on the CD or 2. when "burning" use the serial# (which youcreate)
    as the "title" (which may be better toward the end resuslt of copy protection) so if it's "copied" and more
    than one person tries to register, you can deny them unless (in the case of reformat or HDD
    replacement)the info in the ini file sent in during registration matches. THESE are the #s
    they have to give you in order to get the "registration" code for CD1.

As long as they complete the steps to create the "key kard" they can gain access to CD1 and the
    demo. But unless they "register", they can't gain access to the "full" app on CD2.

I hope this makes sense, and would appreciate any feedback, improvements etc...
    coupled with TZcopy protections new version ( i beleive it 5) I don't know.....
    what do you think?

also, I used the GUID.dll. you can use the numbers it generates for verification purposes
    or as "camoulflage" info.

Daffy

[email protected]

Comment

• daffy
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2004

Heres the rest

Take step 1, create compressed exe and place in Docs folder of CD1.

Take step 2, create compressed exe and place in Docs folder of CD2.

Like I said, anyone with feedback, improvements, let me know.

Gotta use one more post (don't know why it won't acceptall of them at once).

Comment

• daffy
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2004

last \one

lets try this again. didn't work.

but here is the TEXT version of CD2 (attachment).

daffy

Comment

• daffy
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2004

Correction

I'm so rattled coz I couldn't get all the apz's to upload.

Make sure that Step 1 and CD2 are together and step 2 and CD1 are together.
          Hope you can reconstruct CD2 using the "txt" file of the code.

daffy

Comment

• Bruce
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2001

Nice idea Daffy

Comment

Working...
            X