• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Setmask Tutorial

For anyone who has an interest in using SetMask, I'd like to direct your attention to this thread on my forum.

Here you'll find a sample application that uses 3 seperate masks on a single page. There is also a link to a 12 minute Flash movie that walks you through creating the the application. This was totally unscripted, and I don't have the best speaking voice, but I believe it will show how simple using SetMask really is.

Thanks!
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hey, outstanding little video Brad, great idea. That's the best way to show people how easy something is for sure. I really liked this and it definitely makes the usage of your add-on crystal clear. I watched the whole thing. Great work! :yes

My favorite quote comes at 5:14. "Try to keep it a little normal here..." :yes

Comment

• Worm
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2002

I'd say there is definitely something to be said for scripting. Huge props out to you on your videos, it's not that easy to do.

I actually think I did better the first time I did it, but I forgot to let Camtasia know to record the audio too

And in my world, I don't know if there is such a thing as "normal"

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Sep 2002

Great Vid worm. Not an easy thing to do. Looks great though.
        TJ-Tigger
        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
        "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
        Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• SUF6NEWBIE

DITTO ...tks WORM :yes

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

I actually think I did better the first time I did it, but I forgot to let Camtasia know to record the audio too
            HAR! I've done that a few times...

Comment

• Worm
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jul 2002

Oh Well, it made for a nice little run through. But the look on my face I'm sure was priceless when I realized I had to go through it again.

The speakers on my computer can play silence only so load, I'm sure all the mimes on my street were frantacilly calling 911. It was getting kind of late after all.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Worm
                The speakers on my computer can play silence only so load, I'm sure all the mimes on my street were frantacilly calling 911. It was getting kind of late after all.

That is Funny. Did you know that Richard Dean Anderson (McGyver/SG1) started his acting career as a Mime. One of the only talking mimes though, he thought it was better if the people watching had an explaination.
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Worm
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jul 2002

Stole it from Steven Wright, I love his warped sense of humor.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Sep 2002

Why is the alphabet in that order . . . is it because of the song?

LOL :yes
                    TJ-Tigger

Comment

• Intrigued
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Dec 2003

Worm'inator!

He's back and he's terminating the confusion!

This video sure makes it easy to learn how to use your SetMask.dll offering!

This gets 10 :yes's and a head-bobbling (ya, like them dogs in the store you see, where their head bobbles around at the slightest touch) episode from me!

Intrigued

Comment

• JimS
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • May 2003

Worm,
                        You really go all out. Besides creating amazing plug-ins and add-ons, you go the extra mile to deliver truly top-notch customer support. You really are a class act. Thanks for all the effort you put in to making it easy for us AMS developers to look good to our clients.

Comment

• Corey
                          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                          • Aug 2002

Steven Wright is also a big fave of mine. Was just listening to him today, he said he uses a telescope for a peephole in his door so he can see who's there for 200 miles.

He also mentioned that he's written several children's books but not on purpose. That one slays me, easily one of my all time favorite SW jokes. :yes

Another good one off this clip is where he says he put a new engine in his car, but he didn't bother to take the old one out first and now he can go 500mph. Or the one where he thinks his dentist's assitant is cute so he eats a full bag of oreos before his cleaning appointments so they'll last longer. HAR! That's classic, he's truly one of the greats... :yes

Comment

• Corey
                            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                            • Aug 2002

One more classic I just remembered. He said he accidentally borrowed a circus tent the last time he went camping but he didn't realize it until he got it set up.

Comment

• Worm
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • Jul 2002

I'm a huge fan also. I went and seen him perform live and was blown away at how well he can play the guitar. I'd never caught a full show of his stand-up act, and had no clue that he sang. To my suprise, he had a listenable voice, and he could hammer on his string stick.

The biggest complaint that I have about him is that the jokes comes so quickly that your brain hasn't processed the prior one, so you miss one, only to ask the person next to you what he said, while he spouts off two more...

you get the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X