Having trouble with my project locking up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M626
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2005

Having trouble with my project locking up.

I'm not sure what is causing this. When I test (or build and run) my project, it locks up in the same spot.

The project currently has 4 pages. Page 1 is the screen asking to download updates (just a few input boxes, some labels, and a button). Page 2 downloads the updates (just some labels and a progress bar), and as soon as the download is complete, it shoots you to page 3 where it displays results of the download process, and has a button to let you continue (to page 4, for more info).

Well.. on page 3, it freezes up every time. Page 3's ON SHOW code is as follows:

Code:
    if (totalsize < 1024) then
    	sizetype = "bytes";
    	sizernd = totalsize;
    elseif (totalsize >= 1024 and totalsize < 1048576) then
    	sizetype = "kilobytes";
    	sizernd = Math.Ceil(totalsize / 1024);
    elseif (totalsize >= 1048576) then
    	sizetype = "megabytes";
    	sizernd = Math.Ceil(totalsize / 1048576);
    else
    	sizetype = "bytes";
    	sizernd = totalsize;
    end

message = sizernd.." "..sizetype.." downloaded in "..gonum.." seconds";
    Label.SetText("Label1", message);
    And nothing more. I don't see what's making it lock up. There is a timer on the previous page, but I have it set to stop the timer before it shoots you to page 3. I've tried re-stopping it in page 3's ON SHOW. I've tried making the program sleep in every imaginable position (including the first line of page 3's ON SHOW). I'm getting nowhere. This is driving me absolutely bonkers.

If anyone could offer any ideas on why this might be happening, I'd appreciate it very much.

I've tried a complete reinstall of AMS (version 5.0.0.5). I've tried rebooting. Still the lockups. And if it makes any difference, I'm on a Windows 2000 Professional system.

Thanks in advance.
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

First of all, update AMS to 5.0.2.0. (Always goto last version).

Then try and give your init value for totalsize directly on your page. Then preview that page only and see what gives. At least you"ll be able to localize the problem.
    Yossi

Comment

Working...
    X