• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seeker2734
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2005

Wrapping button text

I feel a little stupid asking this question because Ithink there's probably a simple solution that I just haven't thought of yet. Has anyone figured out a way to wrap the text of a button? I have some nice buttons with long titles that would fit if I could wrap the text of the button. I'd rather do that than make the font so small that the words fit but they're hard to read.

Any suggestions?
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

If memory serves me, others were using a paragraph object over the top of a button to achieve this.... I think.

Comment

• longedge
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2003

Or a label, either way one of the things you need to remember is to set the actions for the 'overlay' to be the same as the button.
      Last edited by longedge; 01-29-2005, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• seeker2734
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2005

Thanks for the replies. That's what I'm currently doing (i.e. an overlay, though paragraph object seems to be the only one that can wrap, not label). I just thought there might be a better way.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Worm
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jul 2002

Label will wrap, but you need to for is like this

This\nis\nwrapped

would result in:

This
          is
          wrapped

Comment

• Josué Alba

Sorry if I don't get the point but this is usefull some times as a trick to change the content of a button.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Josué Alba

here is another version of my code, uses a global function, not depurated, but working on 2 lines
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X