• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fashion
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2003

Mouse Cursor Toggle

Hi guys, i would like to be able move mouse cursor automaticaly from one coordinate to another and so on. I used the USER32.DLL function but i'm not sure to use it correctly.

For exemple, i need to place the cursor at (50,50) and 1 second later at (100,100) and another second later (50,50) and so on.

This is the code i tried but it gives me an error and force the application to close. I start the toggle movement using a simple button.

What's wrong with my code ?

Thanks a lot,

Stephen

-- wait one second
    min = 1;
    max = 1000;
    for count = min, max do
    end

-- move cursor to (50,50)
    result = DLL.CallFunction("AutoPlay\\Docs\\user32.dll", "SetCursorPos", "50,50", DLL_RETURN_TYPE_INTEGER, DLL_CALL_STDCALL);

-- wait one second
    min = 1;
    max = 1000;
    for count = min, max do
    end

-- move cursor to (100,100)
    result = DLL.CallFunction("AutoPlay\\Docs\\user32.dll", "SetCursorPos", "100,100", DLL_RETURN_TYPE_INTEGER, DLL_CALL_STDCALL);

AND EVENTUALY LOOP HERE
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

First thing that I see, is that you shouldn't browse to the User32.dll and have AMS copy it to the Docs folder. It's not a safe way to go. Depending on OS's the User32.dll will be different.

Instead of browsing to the dll, type the path like this:
    Code:
    result = DLL.CallFunction(_SystemFolder .. "\\user32.dll", "SetCursorPos", "50,50", DLL_RETURN_TYPE_INTEGER, DLL_CALL_STDCALL);
    Using _SystemFolder will allow you to use the User32.dll on the end-users system. This way you are sure to be using the correct version for their system too.

Other than that, the call looks right to me. Remember though that the X and Y are Screen Coordinates, not coordinates within your window.

Comment

Working...
    X