• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clientele
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2004

Song title displayed in the cd audio player

Can you please tell me if theres a way to have the name of the song display in the cd audio player. even if i have to pre write them in myself, thanks.
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Sure thing. You could use a Label Object and use Label.SetText to show any text you wanted.

As for getting the title from the CD, my understanding is that you'd have to query cddb.org for the title and artist.

Comment

• clientele
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Worm
      Sure thing. You could use a Label Object and use Label.SetText to show any text you wanted.

As for getting the title from the CD, my understanding is that you'd have to query cddb.org for the title and artist.
      Nice, thanks alot I will try when I get home. Hope i dont have any problems.

Comment

• clientele
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Worm
        Ok Ive been trying for a couple days now and I cant get anything to work is there basic code you can come up with that I can tweak, thanks for all your help thus far.

Comment

• Derek
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2001

How are you retrieving the song name/information?
          -
          = Derek
          ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• clientele
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Derek
            How are you retrieving the song name/information?
            I just want to actually type the playlist in the code of the cd audio player so instead of it reading TRACK :1 when a song is playing, it would read for example TRACK:1-50 Cent "In Da CLub".

Hope I was clear on my explaination

Comment

• Derek
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • May 2001

Well, i'm guessing these are retail CDs with .cda tracks.

In order for that to work you need to get the name of the song thats playing into a variable to display it. Otherwise its gonna be a long [and potentially inaccurate] process of typing a lot of lists. Prob best is to import text files during run time - at least you have the option of adjusting these at a later date/time.
              Or, if you could somehow access CDDB and dislay the name of the song into a label object , as Worm suggested.

If you are using mp3 files, per chance, you could use File.GetShortName to grab the name of the file (since mp3 tags are no longer supported) and put that into the Label object with Label.SetText.
              -
              = Derek

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Sep 2002

If you are using mp3 files, per chance, you could use File.GetShortName to grab the name of the file (since mp3 tags are no longer supported) and put that into the Label object with Label.SetText.
                One should be able to get the mp3 tags using luacom. I started looking but have not had much luck yet. But there seems to be a COM object available to do this. If explorer can do it then LuaCOM should be able to do it too.

Tigg
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• clientele
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2004

Well, i'm guessing these are retail CDs with .cda tracks.

In order for that to work you need to get the name of the song thats playing into a variable to display it. Otherwise its gonna be a long [and potentially inaccurate] process of typing a lot of lists. Prob best is to import text files during run time - at least you have the option of adjusting these at a later date/time.
                  Or, if you could somehow access CDDB and dislay the name of the song into a label object , as Worm suggested.

These are actually burned CD's with CDTEXT that I have input during the the setup process in Nero, hope that helps you guys help me. Its real Important I get this going, thanks again.

I know Im asking for a lot but let me know if it would be easier just to take the audio cd im using turn it into a 20meg ogg file and in put it into my project, but! I would need it to skip to the next track like a cd and display either the track number or the name of the song playing. This is very very important to my project. I really hope some one can help me out.

Comment

• clientele
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2004

Anyone out there? HELP!

Comment

• Derek
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • May 2001

Originally posted by clientele
                      These are actually burned CD's with CDTEXT that I have input during the the setup process in Nero, hope that helps you guys help me. Its real Important I get this going, thanks again.

I know Im asking for a lot but let me know if it would be easier just to take the audio cd im using turn it into a 20meg ogg file and in put it into my project, but! I would need it to skip to the next track like a cd and display either the track number or the name of the song playing. This is very very important to my project. I really hope some one can help me out.
                      I'm not too familiar with CDTEXT, have never used it so i dont know how you would retrieve that info from the file.

As for the 20mb ogg file - i guess that means just one file made up of all the files from the CD (?). Prob not the best move since you would have a heck of a time working with the file.
                      Now, if you mean turn each file into its own ogg file .. that'll work coz you can get the ogg tags and use the info from that to set the Label object.
                      There's an example in the help file that may be of use to you.
                      -
                      = Derek

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Sep 2002

CDText commands might be a nice addition to the CDAudio plugin.

CDAudio.CDTEXTDoesExist()
                        CDAudio.GetCDTEXT()

Here is some code I found for reading the CDTEXT. I don't know if this can be adapted to AMS or not.
                        Code:
                        Private Sub privCDText(ByRef objCD As CompactDisc)
                            Dim objCDTrack As CDTrack

With objCD
                                strCDText = "Album: " & .CDTextAlbumName & vbCrLf & _
                                   "Artist: " & .CDTextArtistName & vbCrLf & _
                                   "Year: " & .CDTextAlbumYear & vbCrLf & _
                                   vbCrLf & "Tracks:" & vbCrLf
                                For Each objCDTrack In .Tracks
                                    With objCDTrack
                                        strCDText = strCDText & .CDTextTrackInfo & vbCrLf
                                    End With
                                Next
                            End With

cmdCDText.Enabled = True

Set objCDTrack = Nothing
                        End Sub

Private Sub cmdCDText_Click()
                            MsgBox strCDText, vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "CDText"
                        End Sub
                        Some of the C++ or VB programmers might be able to cook up a dll to do this as well.

Tigg
                        TJ-Tigger
                        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                        "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                        Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• clientele
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TJ_Tigger
                          CDText commands might be a nice addition to the CDAudio plugin.

CDAudio.CDTEXTDoesExist()
                          CDAudio.GetCDTEXT()

Here is some code I found for reading the CDTEXT. I don't know if this can be adapted to AMS or not.
                          Code:
                          Private Sub privCDText(ByRef objCD As CompactDisc)
                              Dim objCDTrack As CDTrack

With objCD
                                  strCDText = "Album: " & .CDTextAlbumName & vbCrLf & _
                                     "Artist: " & .CDTextArtistName & vbCrLf & _
                                     "Year: " & .CDTextAlbumYear & vbCrLf & _
                                     vbCrLf & "Tracks:" & vbCrLf
                                  For Each objCDTrack In .Tracks
                                      With objCDTrack
                                          strCDText = strCDText & .CDTextTrackInfo & vbCrLf
                                      End With
                                  Next
                              End With

cmdCDText.Enabled = True

Set objCDTrack = Nothing
                          End Sub

Private Sub cmdCDText_Click()
                              MsgBox strCDText, vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "CDText"
                          End Sub
                          Some of the C++ or VB programmers might be able to cook up a dll to do this as well.

Tigg
                          Ok I will try this but if this doesnt work I will simply type all in the song and artist info in the script, the only thing is I dont know where in the cd audio player code to do this, thanks TJ!

Comment

• clientele
                            Forum Member
                            • Dec 2004

Im afraid that the above code didnt help, could you please tell me if theres a way using the audio.load action so i can play the music from within my project but I would need it to be able to skip tracks...All and any help needed thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X