• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sergio_S
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2003

Progress meter with File.Install

I read in the APMS help that the progress meter is automatically used with some actions but there is not any mention to the File.Install action. Is there any means to show a progress meter with this specific action? If not, it is a good idea to include it in the next version since the install action is a typical apllication for that.
  • Adam
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • May 2000

Sergio,

Since there is no callback function for that action then there is no possibility of an accurate progress bar. (I say accurate because you could fudge this using a timer and a video ect)

I will add this to our suggestions section for future consideration. Generally an Installer is better suited to install files but I know that it can be quite handy to do this quickly from within AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• Worm
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2002

Not sure if this will help or not, but this example uses a DLL that I wrote to copy folders, files and subfolders displaying a progress bar.

Hope it's useful.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Sergio_S
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2003

To Adam,

Thanks for your reply. I agree about the installer and I use it whenever it is necessary, but once IndigoRose has included one action to do that as a quick way, why not to make available the progress meter too?

Sergio

Comment

• Adam
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • May 2000

I agree Sergio. Your suggestion has been noted

Have a great day

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• Sergio_S
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Oct 2003

To Worm.

I have tried your suggestion and it really works fine. I am sorry but we needed to burn the project yestarday and so we could not see whether it could be used on the project.

Anyway, thank you very much for you help. As allways you are nearby to help us...

S.

Comment

• Worm
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jul 2002

Glad to help.

Comment

• willfreer
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2004

Progress bar

I have a simular question

I have a video on the 1st page and it takes about 4 seconds for the autoplay to start the movie. I put the status dialog and satus progress bar on the preload of my first page. but the bar doesen't move.

any suggestions?

Originally posted by Sergio_S
                To Worm.

I have tried your suggestion and it really works fine. I am sorry but we needed to burn the project yestarday and so we could not see whether it could be used on the project.

Anyway, thank you very much for you help. As allways you are nearby to help us...

S.

Comment

Working...
                X