• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Official Release Of SetMask DLL

I'd like to announce the official release of the SetMask.DLL

SetMask DLL is a standard windows DLL that requires no additional support files. Using SetMask DLL you can change your application window's shape with a simple call that has been wrapped into AMS so that it is as easy to use as a standard plug-in. What's so special about SetMask DLL? You can make this call several times per page or project, changing the shape of your application on the fly.

As an added feature, SetMask DLL will also allow you to mask several of the objects in AMS itself. Have you ever wanted to remove the borders from a Web Object? How about rounding the corners on a Video Object? It's all possible with SetMask, you're limited only by your imagination.

Objects that the SetMask DLL works with:
    Application Window, Video, Web, Input, ListBox, Calendar, Combo, Media Player, and Slider, Progress Bar, and Thumblist

Visit the Support Forum for sample projects and useful tips. You'll also find a FREE application that will create an animated AMS5 application from an animated gif. It creates all the code, and images needed, simply export and run.

When you purchase you are able to distribute the DLL royalty free, all updates will be free of charge, and free support via email.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Whoot! :yes

Comment

• Intrigued
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Dec 2003

I just purchased Brad.

I'm looking forward to using such in various projects to come!

Here's to a prosperous year for you!

Very Sincerely,
      Intrigued

Comment

• Dermot
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Apr 2004

Me too! (just purchased). Can't wait to start trying it out in some real world apps.

Dermot
        Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

With the demo, I had made a mask of a dog and it barking. If you pet the dog, it actually started to pant. ( Wife came in and was amazed and started to laugh. So, I know now that having the ability to mask the project can have an uplifting and "in awe" affect on the end-user!
          Intrigued

Comment

• JimS
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2003

Of all the plug-ins and add-ons available for AMS, SetMask DLL is hands down my favorite. I consider this to be a ‘must have’ for every AMS developer.

Worm, you have done it again. I would venture to guess that the ability to use multiple masks across a single project, has been the most requested feature for AMS, and now we’ve got it. What’s more, this little DLL can also mask most of the objects too. Too cool! If multiple project masks is the most requested feature, the ability to get rid of the border around web objects has got to be a close second. It’s like the paragraph object on steroids. Scrolling rich text, pictures, tables, links, i.e. all the power of the web object, now with the same seamless integration as the paragraph object. All this and more is now possible, to every AMS developer. Your example of a slide out listbox, is a terrific use I hadn’t even thought of. I wonder how many more neat tricks this will enable, that we haven’t even dreamed of yet?

How do you manage to cram so much power into one small, and easy to use add-on? And the price is equally amazing. I wouldn’t have quarreled a bit, if you would have priced it at twice what you have. I know that you must have at least a month of development time wrapped up in this. Who else among us could have built this, in a year, or any amount of time? This is a huge value, at a small price.

I could wax on and on about how this deserves a place in every AMS developer’s toolbox, but I don’t have to, and you don’t have to take my word for it. Check it out for yourself, free of charge. That’s right, Worm let’s you download the demo, absolutely free. This isn’t some crippled up demo, but the full functioning deal. It doesn’t even have a time limit. That means, if you are not already completely convinced that you need this, you can take all of the time you need to try it out, and prove to yourself the great value this will bring to you and your customers, all without spending one red nickel. Who could ask for more?

More? Yes, amazing, as it seems, Worm is giving away even more. His AniGIF2AMS program fully automates the process of turning animated GIF’s into eye-popping animated AMS projects complete with multiple masks. The amount of time this saves developer’s in creating jaw dropping visuals, makes this a quite valuable tool on its own, and could easily be sold as a separate add-on. Worm is much too modest to ever mention it, but I know for a fact, that besides the hours he spent developing this program, he also spent nearly $100, out of his own pocket, to buy the additional tools he needed to build this. Then he turns around and gives it away.

Even if Worm didn’t build his well deserved reputation from being one of the smartest programmers to ever grace these forums, he has surely earned his top spot from being one of the most generous contributors around.

My advice, is to run, don’t walk, to Worm’s web site and check this add-on out for yourself. I guarantee that you won’t be sorry.

I give Worm, and this add-on, 10 golden thumbs up! (Only because eleven isn't allowed)
            :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Agreed. Worm has definitely done a great job of pricing as well as development. :yes

Comment

• Worm
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jul 2002

Thanks for all the support. I'm humbled by your generosity.

Here's to a great new year! <*Tink*>

Comment

• SUF6NEWBIE

hey Worm,

not only does it sound great, my way of saying thanks for all
                  your efforts and assistance...

a purchase should have come your way,

great stuff

marty

Comment

• Worm
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Jul 2002

For those that don't want to take the time to hit my website to get the downloads. I can totally understand when it comes to how many sites you have to visit to get the info your need. Here are the links to the downloads off my site.

SetMask DLL

AniGif2AMS

Comment

• Intrigued
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Dec 2003

Worm, you are missing one!

Where's the link to the SetTransparentFlash.dll?

Please don't make me throw a tantrum here, front and center.

:lol
                      Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

Worm, you are missing one!

Where's the link to the SetTransparentFlash.dll?

Please don't make me throw a tantrum here, front and center.
                        Yeah! And please don't make me breakdance.

Comment

• Intrigued
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Dec 2003

Yes! We need closure on this, A.S.A.P.!

Intrigued

Comment

• Worm
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Intrigued
                            SetTransparentFlash.dll?
                            Never heard of it Wish it were possible though, it'd be a nice addition.

Comment

• Corey
                              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                              • Aug 2002

Allright, that's it. I'm dancing...

Comment

Working...
                              X